Akron Institute of Herzing University
- The Akron Institute of Herzing University was established in 1970, and has been serving the students of Akron, Ohio and surrounding areas for over 40 years. The Akron Institute joined the Herzing family in 2003, after which it grew in program offerings, staff, and students to the point that the school moved to a larger building after only one year.The Akron Institute of Herzing University offers Bachelor's and Associate degrees and diplomas in business, healthcare, technology, and public safety. The Akron Institute provides flexible scheduling options, small class sizes, and accelerated degree programs so that students can earn a high quality education without sacrificing in other important areas of their lives.The Akron Institute of Herzing University is focused on more than the education of their students. They are career-focused, helping graduates prepare for jobs after graduation. In 2009, the Akron Institute of Herzing University had 90% of its graduates working in their field-of-study.
- The teacher population of 27 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Akron Institute of Herzing University||(OH) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||27 staff||34 staff|
|Total Enrollment||318 students||755 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||190 students||471 students|
|# Part-Time Students||128 students||284 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- As a part of Herzing University, the Akron Institute is a university that lives by its student-first philosophy. Career-Focused, Convenient, and Caring is more than a mission statement. It is at the center of every business decision, new-hire, and new program.Herzing University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association (www.ncahlc.org, 800-621-7440).Akron Institute of Herzing University 1600 S. Arlington St., Suite 100 Akron, OH 44306 OH REG # 04-01-1704T
- College Location Mi. Students
- 43 students | 3.90 Mi3681 Manchester Rd.
Akron,  OH  44319
- 533 students | 6.90 Mi755 White Pond Dr., Suite 101
Akron,  OH  44320
- 526 students | 8.10 Mi2545 Bailey Road
Cuyahoga Falls,  OH  44221
- 80 students | 10.40 Mi3855 Fishcreek Rd
Stow,  OH  44224
- 72 students | 11.10 Mi225 Heritage Woods Dr
Akron,  OH  44321
March 14, 2018
Although California’s real estate may be soft, the state’s community college constructions projects are booming. Learn about where the $1.6 billion is going and how community colleges are improving their facilities.
March 11, 2018
Community colleges face many hurdles, ranging from budget constraints to increased enrollment, but a new study pinpoints some of the largest issues - which may surprise you.
March 11, 2018
Be surprised by the results from the first ever national community college survey, which found that students value their internet connection more than their instructors!