Adirondack Community College
- The teacher population of 152 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Adirondack Community College||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||152 staff||81 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,247 students||1,701 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||28:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,522 students||1,163 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,725 students||538 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||451|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,500||$35,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- ACC offers extensive Associate degrees and Certificate programs and practices transfer agreements with numerous Colleges and University. The college is small enough to provide rewarding personal interaction between the professor and the student, yet large enough to offer diversity in choice of program. We have high quality transfer courses and curricula for students who wish to pursue their first two years of a four-year degree at ACC before transferring to a four-year college or university. Adirondack Community College offer unparalleled occupational skills training in numerous technical, business and health-care fields geared toward preparing students for high-wage, high-skill, high-demand occupations. Adirondack Community College earns high rankings in its academic programs, student satisfaction and career placement, as well as transfer success. As part of the State University of New York, Adirondack Community College (ACC) is a two-year college accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
- The nearest community college to Adirondack Community College is Belanger School of Nursing (39.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 127 students | 39.20 Mi650 McClellan St
Schenectady,  NY  12304
- 6,497 students | 40.20 Mi78 Washington Avenue
Schenectady,  NY  12305
- 2,589 students | 41.20 Mi2805 State Hwy 67
Johnstown,  NY  12095
- 164 students | 42.90 Mi1300 Massachusetts Avenue
Troy,  NY  12180
- 11,640 students | 45.40 Mi80 Vandenburgh Ave
Troy,  NY  12180
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.