The teacher population of 49 teachers has declined by 35% over five years.
|College||Wabash Valley College||Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Associate of Arts Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Public institution||Public|
|Total Faculty||49 staff||61 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,512 students||1,296 students|
|# Full-Time Students||554 students||814 students|
|# Part-Time Students||3,958 students||1,040 students|
|% Two or more races||
|Diversity ScoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body.||0.13||0.68|
|In-State Tuition Fees||$8,873||$5,660|
|Out-State Tuition Fees||$10,811||$10,250|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||95%||89%|
Source: 2005 (latest year available) IPEDS
- Illinois Eastern Community Colleges District #529 (IECC) is located in a 3,000 square-mile area of southeastern Illinois near the Illinois-Indiana border. The multi-college District includes Frontier Community College at Fairfield, Lincoln Trail College at Robinson, Olney Central College at Olney, and Wabash Valley College at Mt. Carmel. The first three colleges combined in 1969 to form what is now known as the Illinois Eastern Community Colleges District 529. The first three colleges combined in 1969 to form what is now known as the Illinois Eastern Community Colleges District 529. A referendum authorizing construction of facilities at the first three sites was approved by a 4.5 to 1 margin later that year. Since its founding, the District has grown from an enrollment of a few hundred students to more than 25,000 per year. Approximately three-quarters of these students are enrolled part-time, in 12 credit hours or less. Wabash Valley College offers degrees and certificate in Administrative Information Tech (AIT), Administrative Information Tech (AIT), Agriculture Technology
- Business (AGB), Agriculture Technology
- Production (AGP), Agriculture Technology
- Professional Ag Applicator (AGB), Basic Nurse Assistant Training Progr (BAID), Coal Mining Maintenance I (CMM1), Coal Mining Maintenance II (CMM2), Coal Mining Technology (CMT), Coal Mining Technology Prod. Mgmt. (CMT), Corrections - Parole Officer (CORPO), Corrections - Youth Supervisor (CORYS), Diesel Equipment Technology (DIESL), Early Childhood Education (ECD), Electronics Technology (ELECT), Industrial Studies (INDS), Industrial Studies (INDS), Legal Secretary (LEGL), Machine Shop Technology (MAC), Advanced Manufacturing (ADVMANUF), Marketing Business Management (MARKT), Nursing (NUR), Paraprofessional Educator (EDU), Psychiatric Rehabilitation Certificate (PSYRH), Radio/Television Broadcasting (RADIO), Sales (SALES), Social Services Specialist (SSS), Truck Driving (TRK), Turf and Landscape Design (AGB) and Web Design Certificate (INFO). The District is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (A Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools).
- College Location Mi. Students
17,258 students | 22.60 Mi1002 N First St
Vincennes, IN 47591
1,470 students | 27.30 Mi305 N West Street
Olney, IL 62450
5,839 students | 31.00 Mi3501 First Ave
Evansville, IN 47710
2,194 students | 33.30 MiFrontier Drive
Fairfield, IL 62837
233 students | 33.80 Mi4601 Theatre Dr
Evansville, IN 47715
January 22, 2016
Many degree programs require students to take electives but what are the pros and cons of elective courses?
December 03, 2015
Tuition expenses continue to rise each and every year, forcing students to find ever more creative ways to raise money. In this article you will find plenty of creative ways to raise money for school.
November 05, 2015
More and more, students are choosing to go to community college over traditional four-year universities but community colleges still have a bad reputation. Learn why in this informative article.