The associate's degree in Visual Fine Arts is designed to provide both a strong basic foundation in the visual arts and a broad background in general education.
It's easy to get some work done with over 10,000 square feet of library and study space in the Donald R. Welter Library.
- With 78 different degree and certificate programs, Three Rivers can be the starting point for any path you plan and the range of programs and flexible scheduling will help you achieve your goals.
- You can earn a career-ready associates degree at Three Rivers or save tens of thousands of dollars by transferring from here to a four-year college program. And with small class sizes, you`ll get hands on attention from a faculty that wants you to succeed.
The teacher population of 253 teachers has grown by 66% over five years.
|Three Rivers Community College (Norwich)||(CT) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Associate of Arts Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public institution||Public|
|Total Faculty||253 staff||71 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,259 students||2,384 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||23:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,384 students||971 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,875 students||1,843 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||
|% Two or more races||
|% Unknown races||
|Diversity ScoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body.||0.42||0.65|
Source: 2015 (latest year available) IPEDS
- Three Rivers Community College is a commuter college that serves Southeastern Connecticut and eastern regions of the state. The student population consists of more than 4,300 enrolled students each semester. Knowing that the educational goals of our students are as diverse as their backgrounds, Three Rivers provides a broad range of credit and non-credit liberal arts, sciences, career and technical courses.
- With 78 different degree and certificate programs, Three Rivers can be the starting point for any path you plan. Three Rivers has transfer agreements that can lead to more than 500 different four-year degrees. These options include guaranteed admission programs with several public and private colleges and universities in Connecticut.
- Three Rivers also offers Workforce & Community Education programs that provide flexible options to take non-credit classes for personal enrichment or to advance job skills. Three Rivers can be the starting point for any path you plan. Students may be as focused as the lasers in our Engineering Technologies lab, or have tastes as varied as the art on display in the student gallery.
- College Location Mi. Students
778 students | 12.60 Mi437 Pequot Avenue
New London,  CT  6320
709 students | 13.60 Mi1084 Shennecossett Rd
Groton,  CT  06340
1,883 students | 24.40 Mi742 Upper Maple St
Danielson,  CT  06239
3,005 students | 26.30 Mi100 Training Hill Rd
Middletown,  CT  06457
7,300 students | 29.50 MiGreat Path
Manchester,  CT  6040
January 14, 2017
Even more midnight classes are launching at community college campuses across the country this year, in hopes of working around the demanding schedules of their students.
January 14, 2017
A new report by the American Institutes for Research shows that some states are paying billions of dollars on community college students who drop out before earning a degree or certification.
January 14, 2017
Learn about a Governor’s Investment in Aerospace grant that will help 13 Washington community colleges develop training programs for the aerospace industry.