- Vance-Granville Community College serves 4,299 students (44% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 20:1 is lower than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 52% of the student body.
- Vance-Granville Community College is the only community colleges within Vance County, NC.
- The nearest community college is Louisburg College (18.6 miles away).
Vance-Granville Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|215 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,299 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:20||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||1,911 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,388 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||1%||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Vance-Granville Community College was chartered in 1969 as Vance County Technical Institute by the North Carolina General Assembly. The college began by offering technical, vocational and continuing education courses to residents of Vance County. In 1972, Vance and Granville counties pooled their resources to support a $2 million bond referendum for a larger, more permanent facility to educate their citizens. The result was the construction and subsequent opening of the new Vance-Granville Community College campus in 1976 on an 83-acre tract in Vance County, midway between Henderson and Oxford.
- The Main Campus of Vance-Granville Community College is located midway between Oxford and Henderson on an 83-acre tract of land off Interstate 85. The majority of classes are taught on Main Campus, but a number of students attend classes also at South Campus between Butner and Creedmoor, Franklin Campus in Louisburg, and Warren Campus in Warrenton.
- Today, the main campus, picturesque with a lake and attractive landscaping, boasts eight permanent buildings that include a student services complex, civic center and daycare unit. Along with administrative and faculty offices, auditorium, student lounge and learning resources center, these facilities provide 36 classrooms, 10 shops and 20 labs in which students may train in 35-plus curriculum programs, as well as extension, economic development, continuing education, and small business classes. Its total value is approximately $24.3 million.
- Vance-Granville offers more than 35 degree, diploma, and certificate programs to prepare students for further education or to enter work directly after graduation. Most programs are available in day or evening and on a full-time or part-time basis. VGCC's also offers prrograms in Continuing Education, Occupational Extension and Workforce Development.
- Vance-Granville Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the associate degree. Vance-Granville Community College is a member of the American Association of Community Colleges, North Carolina Community College System and Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
Literacy Education/Basic Skills at VGCC
4 months ago
VGCC Graduate Success Story: Melinda Langston
5 months ago
Related School News:
- Community college student-athletes read to younger Vanguards - Henderson Daily Dispatch (registration)
posted on January 1, 2013 at 12:41:37 am
Community college student-athletes read to younger VanguardsHenderson Daily Dispatch (registration)(From left) Owen Meeks and Jaydon Hargrove (from the Vance-Granville Community ...
- VGCC to offer computer classes on main campus - Lake Gaston Gazette Observer
posted on December 19, 2012 at 07:36:40 pm
VGCC to offer computer classes on main campusLake Gaston Gazette ObserverVance-Granville Community College is currently registering students for several popular, ...
- Experimenting with goop on a rainy day - Henderson Daily Dispatch (registration)
posted on December 19, 2012 at 01:37:03 am
Experimenting with goop on a rainy dayHenderson Daily Dispatch (registration)(From left) Deborah Harris, Vance-Granville Community College Day Care Center, Katrina ...