- Alamance Community College serves 5,446 students (51% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 23:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 32% of the student body.
- Alamance Community College is the only community colleges within Alamance County, NC.
Alamance Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|233 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||5,446 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:23||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||2,794 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,652 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||1%||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Alamance Community College was established in 1958 as part of a statewide system known as industrial education centers. Through the cooperative efforts of the State Department of Trade and Industrial Education and the school systems of Alamance County and Burlington, Burlington-Alamance County Industrial Education Center was begun.
- In June 1996, the college opened a new 49,535-square-foot science and technology building on the main campus in Graham. The building includes multipurpose classrooms, laboratories, and offices. The building was made possible through funding from both the North Carolina Community College Construction Bonds and appropriations from the Alamance County Commissioners. In August 2001, the college opened the 20,000 square-foot Burlington Center at the Burlington Market Shopping Center.
- ACC offers many program options for students wanting to earn associate degrees, diplomas, or certificates. Students may choose from curriculum areas of business, health and public services, and industrial and graphics technologies, or complete course work for transfer to a four-year college or university.
- We have many programs to offer not found everywhere such as Animal Care, Biotechnology, Culinary Technology, Horticulture,and Dental Assisting. The faculty and staff of Alamance Community College are proud of our tradition of providing educational opportunities to meet the needs of a diverse population and an ever-changing workplace.
- The college provides Adult Basic Education (ABE), Adult High School, Compensatory Education, General Educational Development (GED), and English as a Second Language (ESL) programs.
Related School Videos:
Alamance Community College - Distance Learning
10 months ago
Alamance Community College- TV Commercial 1
2 years ago
Related School News:
- Real People: Twin Lakes CEO retiring after long history with community - Burlington Times News
posted on December 23, 2012 at 09:34:51 pm
Real People: Twin Lakes CEO retiring after long history with communityBurlington Times NewsOther memories and milestones Harris will fondly recall include Twin Lakes' ...
- Christmas holiday closings - Burlington Times News
posted on December 20, 2012 at 09:28:51 pm
Christmas holiday closingsBurlington Times NewsAlamance- Burlington School System: Will be closed through January 2. Alamance County libraries: Will be ...
- Community college president search starts - Burlington Times News
posted on December 19, 2012 at 11:03:20 pm
Community college president search startsBurlington Times NewsMembers of a committee formed to find a successor to Alamance Community College President ...