- Rockingham Community College serves 2,628 students (50% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 22:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 29% of the student body.
- Rockingham Community College is the only community colleges within Rockingham County, NC.
Rockingham Community College
Community College Avg.
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate/Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|118 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,628 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:22||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||1,302 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,326 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||2%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- In December 1963, State Board of Education grants charter for Rockingham Community College. Trustees hold first meeting, electing Welsford Bishopric of Eden as chairman. In January 1966 groundbreaking ceremony is held as work begins on first four buildings (Shop, Classroom, Laboratory, and Learning Resources Center). Classes begin in Shop, Laboratory, and Classroom buildings on October 1966 as workmen add finishing touches.
- Located on 274 acres of stately pines, Rockingham Community College features scenic nature trails, tennis courts, and beautifully landscaped grounds. Classes are held in twelve of 18 buildings; the newest addition completed in 2005 houses the college's Community and Workforce Education Division.
- By completing courses in the Arts and Sciences, students can earn Associate in Arts, Associate in Science, or Associate in Fine Arts degrees. These degrees are designed to prepare students to continue their education as juniors in their field of study. The College Transfer Program is offered as part of the Comprehensive Articulation Agreement (CAA) which governs the transfer of credit between community colleges and most 4-year colleges and universities in North Carolina. The courses in the College Transfer Program include a 44 hour semester General Education Core and 20-21 additional semester hours.
- Rockingham Community College offers career programs. These programs offer practical, applications-oriented nstruction in well-equipped lab facilities. Our instructors bring many years of professional work experience to the classroom. Through their experience, you will learn how theory relates to practical application.
- Rockingham Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award Associate Degrees.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
"Matthew 24" by By Grace (Bluegrass gospel)
2 months ago
Related School News:
- Rockingham Community College opens woodworking center - The Business Journal of the Greater Triad Area
posted on January 14, 2013 at 07:00:57 pm
Rockingham Community College opens woodworking centerThe Business Journal of the Greater Triad AreaRockingham County Community College is launching a woodworking center to ...
- Grant turns over a new LEAF - Jamestown News
posted on January 8, 2013 at 08:34:39 pm
Grant turns over a new LEAFJamestown NewsXXThe regional partnership includes GTCC, FTCC, Randolph Community College, Rockingham Community ...
- PCC Notes: Grant aids schools - Greenville Daily Reflector
posted on January 6, 2013 at 03:24:05 pm
PCC Notes: Grant aids schoolsGreenville Daily ReflectorForsyth Technical Community College: $825,000 to expand the Endorsed Skills Certification ...