- Piedmont Community College serves 2,635 students (44% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 20:1 is lower than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 45% of the student body.
- Piedmont Community College is the only community colleges within Person County, NC.
Piedmont Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|130 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,635 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:20||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||1,148 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,487 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||1%||1%|
|% Two or more races||1%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Piedmont Community College (PCC) has two campuses, one in Person County and the other in Caswell County. PCC's main campus is located in Roxboro, NC (Person County), and its second campus is located in Yanceyville, NC (Caswell County).
- Curriculum courses to Associate degrees, diplomas or certificates in one of the more than 30 programs of study offered by PCC. These classes are also transferable to other colleges and other curricula, and, are, in general, a semester in length. Courses taught in a mini-mester or other special session would be exceptions. Students earn credit based on the number of hours the class meets each week. Continuing Education courses vary in length from one class period to multiple class periods, depending on the type of class. Continuing Education courses include those for personal interest, renewal of professional licenses, emergency services training, business development, industry training, and training on specific computer software. Continuing Education courses 10 hours or more in length that are appropriate to a person's field of study may be taken for Continuing Education Units (CEUs) of credit.
- Piedmont Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate degrees, diplomas and certificates.
Related School Videos:
South Piedmont Community College 2012 SUMMER B
7 months ago
South Piedmont Community College 2012 SUMMER A
7 months ago
UNC Charlotte & Central Piedmont Community College
7 months ago
Central Piedmont Community College Excels with OpenClass
11 months ago
Related School News:
- Howard R. Levine Foundation gives $500,000 to Central Piedmont Community College
posted on December 4, 2012 at 02:57:00 pm
The Howard R. Levine Foundation has donated $500,000 to Central Piedmont Community College through a pair of grants, one of which will establish a scholarship fund for U.S. military veterans. The foundation is giving the college $400,000 to ...
- Central Piedmont Community College to certify students for German companies in Charlotte region
posted on April 17, 2012 at 02:24:00 pm
Central Piedmont Community College has signed an agreement with a German chamber and training group to offer the German organization’s job-training certification in Charlotte. It’s the first time IHK-Karlsruhe, a regional chamber of commerce and ...
- Central Piedmont Community College names Janet Malkemes dean of Cato Campus
posted on April 5, 2012 at 12:17:00 pm
Central Piedmont Community College has chosen Janet Malkemes to lead its Cato Campus and Professional Careers Division. Malkemes had served as interim dean of the campus since last summer. She replaces Cheryl Richards, who was named as Charlotte ...