- Montgomery Community College serves 899 students (44% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is lower than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 30% of the student body.
- Montgomery Community College is the only community colleges within Montgomery County, NC.
- The nearest community college is Stanly Community College (20.6 miles away).
Montgomery Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|65 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||899 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:14||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||397 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||502 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||1%||1%|
|% Two or more races||1%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- The State Board of Education issued a charter to Montgomery Technical Institute on September 7, 1967. As directed by law, eight members were appointed to the Board of Trustees. In November 1967, administrative and teaching personnel were employed. Extension classes were conducted in 1967-68, and full-time curriculum students were accepted in August 1968. The institution's first students were graduated in June 1969. Adult Basic Education and adult high school diploma programs began in October 1968.
- Montgomery Technical College in 1983 in accordance with legislative and board approval, and in September 1987, the Board of Trustees and Montgomery County Commissioners voted for the name to be officially changed to Montgomery Community College as authorized by the North Carolina General Assembly.
- The Montgomery Community College campus now includes facilities of approximately 125,000 square feet on 153 acres of land. The most recent addition to the campus is the newly constructed Business, Industry, Technology Resource Center. The Business, Industry, Technology Resource Center contains 44,800 square feet of floor space utilized for an electronic library, a totally interactive classroom to transmit and receive real-time voice, video, and data on the North Carolina Information Highway (NCIH), and classrooms/laboratories. The Center is designed to serve as a facilitation site for training both on campus and within a work place, and employers can utilize the Center for training all levels of staff.
- Montgomery Community College offers programs of study within five areas: Arts & Sciences, Business Technology, Commercial Technology, Health/Public Services Technology. Classes are offered during the day and evening. Successful completion of a program may result in an Associate degree, diploma, or certificate. The college is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to offer associate degrees, diplomas, and certificates.
Related School Videos:
Fulton-Montgomery Community College
2 years ago
Montgomery Community College Promotional Video
2 years ago
Montgomery Community College Taxidermy Program
1 year ago.
Montgomery Community College Gunsmithing Program
1 year ago.
Related School News:
- Bucks, Montgomery community colleges graduate - phillyBurbs.com
posted on May 24, 2013 at 04:25:56 pm
Bucks, Montgomery community colleges graduatephillyBurbs.comBucks, Montgomery community colleges graduate. On Thursday, both Bucks County Community College ...
- FMCC swept by Columbia-Greene - Gloversville Leader-Herald
posted on May 1, 2013 at 02:52:19 pm
Gloversville Leader-HeraldFMCC swept by Columbia-GreeneGloversville Leader-HeraldBy The Leader-Herald (firstname.lastname@example.org) , The Leader Herald. Save |. ...
- COLLEGE BASEBALL: HCCC sweeps series with Fulton-Montgomery - Little Falls Evening Times
posted on April 24, 2013 at 03:38:18 am
COLLEGE BASEBALL: HCCC sweeps series with Fulton-MontgomeryLittle Falls Evening TimesThe Herkimer County Community College bats broke out in Sunday's second game ...