- Louisburg College serves 687 students (97% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 19:1 is lower than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 77% of the student body.
- Louisburg College is the only community colleges within Franklin County, NC.
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit||Public|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|37 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||687 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:19||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||669 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||18 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||1%||1%|
|% Two or more races||1%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
|SAT Reading (25-75%)||330-430||410-520|
|SAT Math (25-75%)||340-450||410-530|
|ACT English (25-75%)||10-15||15-22|
|ACT Math (25-75%)||15-17||16-21|
|ACT Composite (25-75%)||14-16||17-21|
- Having evolved from three earlier institutions, Franklin Male Academy, Louisburg Female Academy, and Louisburg Female College, Louisburg College is the oldest chartered two-year, church-related, co-educational college in the nation. During the presidency of Arthur D. Mohn in the 1920s, Louisburg College experienced a period of building expansion. The West Wing of Main Building, the Pattie Julia Wright Dormitory, and the Franklin County Building were constructed. Unfortunately, a disastrous fire gutted Main Building and the new West Wing in 1928.
- Louisburg College has comprehensive transfer agreements with many public and private colleges and universities, including the 16 branches of the University of North Carolina system, that allow Louisburg College graduates to make a seamless transition upon entering four-year schools as full-fledged juniors. Our top five transfer schools are East Carolina University, North Carolina State University, UNC Chapel Hill, UNC Wilmington and Barton College.
- The faculty at Louisburg is dedicated to the success of every student. Teaching and advising - not research - are our professors primary responsibilities. Our dedicated faculty provide individual assistance, ensuring that each student is academically prepared to meet the requirements of major four-year colleges and universities.
- Louisburg College has a long tradition of excellence in athletic competition. Hurricane athletics play an integral part in college and campus life. Because Louisburg is a two-year college, our players have the added valuable opportunity to contribute and make a difference on their teams from the first pitch, dribble, or header.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
Related School News:
- Baseball wins two against NCCU - ECU The East Carolinian
posted on April 2, 2013 at 12:37:00 pm
Baseball wins two against NCCUECU The East CarolinianZach Houchins led the offensive attack with three hits and two RBI's for the Pirates. Houchins, a ...
- Larry signs with Louisburg - Greenville Daily Reflector
posted on March 26, 2013 at 11:58:57 am
Larry signs with LouisburgGreenville Daily ReflectorBefore visiting Louisburg College last month, Ayden-Grifton senior Brandon Larry wasn't really sure ...
- College presidents seek stricter gun laws - The Progressive Pulse
posted on December 20, 2012 at 01:07:09 pm
College presidents seek stricter gun lawsThe Progressive PulseThe presidents of Wake Forest University, Meredith College, and Louisburg College are among a group ...