- Central Piedmont Community College serves 18,234 students (46% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 22:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body.
- Central Piedmont Community College is one of 7 community colleges within Mecklenburg County, NC.
- The nearest community college is Carolinas College of Health Sciences (1.3 miles away).
Central Piedmont Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|830 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||18,234 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:22||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||8,465 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||9,769 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- In 1963, Mecklenburg College and the Central Industrial Education Center were merged to establish Central Piedmont Community College, one the first of the 58 colleges in the NC Community College System. The substantial increase in the educational and training needs of the community since 1963 have required commensurate expansion of the College's instructional programs and facilities.
- In 1963, there were 23 degree and diploma programs; now there are more than 60, along with a comprehensive literacy program and an extensive array of corporate and continuing education offerings. In 1963, the College occupied the structures formerly used by Charlotte's Central High School. Recognizing that the Central Campus is experiencing maximum utilization, the College trustees in 1989 authorized the development of comprehensive campuses in other areas of Mecklenburg County to accommodate the ever increasing needs of the burgeoning Charlotte-Mecklenburg community.
- The College provides educational programs and services in Business, Community Service, Health, and Technology Programs; Transfer Programs; Queens Bound Program; Basic Skills Programs; Corporate and Continuing Education; Community Service and International Programs and Services.
- The college was fully accredited to award associate degrees, diplomas, and certificates in 1969 by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
Related School Videos:
UNC Charlotte & Central Piedmont Community College
6 months ago
Central Piedmont Community College Excels with OpenClass
11 months ago
Related School News:
- Labor secretary plans Charlotte visit to promote minimum wage increase - Charlotte Observer
posted on April 2, 2013 at 11:25:11 pm
Charlotte ObserverLabor secretary plans Charlotte visit to promote minimum wage increaseCharlotte ObserverIt will be Harris' second visit to Charlotte in as many months; in ...
- NC Science Festival features 300 events - Charlotte Observer
posted on March 31, 2013 at 09:10:40 pm
NC Science Festival features 300 eventsCharlotte ObserverTour the Engineering Department at Central Piedmont Community College and speak with faculty and ...
- Mecklenburg County: CMS, CPCC bond wish lists too long - Charlotte Observer
posted on March 29, 2013 at 09:32:21 pm
Mecklenburg County: CMS, CPCC bond wish lists too longCharlotte ObserverThe county pays for construction and other capital projects for Charlotte-Mecklenburg ...
440 students | 1.3 mi. away
416 students | 20.0 mi. away
6602 students | 20.4 mi. away
6061 students | 21.6 mi. away
159 students | 24.1 mi. away