- Brunswick Community College serves 1,467 students (50% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is lower than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 20% of the student body.
- Brunswick Community College is the only community colleges within Brunswick County, NC.
- The nearest community college is Cape Fear Community College (20.0 miles away).
Brunswick Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|113 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,467 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:13||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||732 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||735 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||1%||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Brunswick Community College is a tax-supported, public, nonprofit school under the control of a board of Trustees. It was established by the North Carolina Legislature in July 1979 under provisions of the General Statutes of North Carolina. It is supervised by the North Carolina Community College System and the North Carolina State Board of Community Colleges. Brunswick Community College was chartered as Brunswick Technical Institute. On May 1, 1979, the General Assembly passed a bill to permit technical institutes to change their names to technical colleges with the approval of the Board of Trustees and the Brunswick County Board of Commissioners. On October 5, 1979, the Board of Trustees, with the approval of the Brunswick County Board of Commissioners, voted unanimously to change the name of the institution to Brunswick Technical College. The College received its initial accreditation from the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools in 1983. In 1988, the College's name was changed to Brunswick Community College to reflect statewide changes in community colleges.
- At Brunswick Community College, our students discover their career potential through a varied curriculum. Get the technical skills needed to take advantage of expanding career opportunities in Health Care, Information Technology, Business Technology and Public and Personal Service. Begin your journey into the world of Arts and Sciences while completing the equivalent of the first two years of a four-year college degree at a fraction of the cost.
- Technical programs prepare students for entry-level jobs in paraprofessional fields. With experience, many technicians move into professional and managerial positions. Most technical programs are two years in duration and must contain a basic core of 15 semester hour credits (SHC) of general education courses. The core must include two communication courses and at least one course from each of the following areas: humanities/fine arts, social/behavioral sciences, and natural sciences/mathematics.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
Brunswick Community College Commercial
4 years ago
Related School News:
- UNCW, CFCC weekend recap - Port City Daily
posted on January 13, 2013 at 11:24:42 pm
UNCW, CFCC weekend recapPort City DailyBOLIVIA- With the game tied 72-72 at the end of regulation, Brunswick Community College outscored Cape Fear ...
- Hot Stove speaker LaRocque a baseball jack-of-all-trades - StarNewsOnline.com
posted on January 13, 2013 at 12:26:21 am
Hot Stove speaker LaRocque a baseball jack-of-all-tradesStarNewsOnline.comHe resides in Greensboro, where he has lived on and off for 17 years, and accepted ...
- Wilmington small business advisers open Brunswick office - StarNewsOnline.com
posted on December 29, 2012 at 04:14:16 pm
Wilmington small business advisers open Brunswick officeStarNewsOnline.comAnd Brunswick County has scored an office that is operated by the Wilmington chapter. ...