- Simmons Institute of Funeral Service Inc serves 32 students (72% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is lower than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body.
- Simmons Institute of Funeral Service Inc is one of 7 community colleges within Onondaga County, NY.
- The nearest community college is Crouse Hospital School of Nursing (1.9 miles away).
Simmons Institute of Funeral Service Inc
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Public|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|3 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||32 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:11||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||23 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||9 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Much has changed in our world since 1900 when Simmons Institute was founded. Educational requirements have moved from a "trade school" approach to obtaining a minimum of a two-year degree through an accredited college program. Having the opportunity to establish a solid foundation for further education while learning the arts and skills required to becoming technically competent as a funeral director is what Simmons is all about.
- Simmons Institute is one of the few accredited programs in the nation that maintains and operates an excellent on-site clinical program in which to have the opportunity to obtain invaluable practical experience. Personnel are available to teach embalming and restorative art techniques around the clock, seven days a week, 365 days a year.
- The main offices of Simmons Institute of Funeral Service are housed in a two-story brick building, located at 1828 South Avenue, Syracuse, NY. The first floor of this building features the main business offices, bookstore, classroom, student lounge, funeral museum and embalming lab. On the second floor are two more classrooms, restorative art lab, two extensive product information center (one for preparation room supplies and the other for funeral merchandise), the Library for Funeral Service Education, and the computer center which is open to all students as an extension of the library facility.
- Simmons Institute was the first to develop the Weekend Study program in 1990.Simmons Institute remains one of the very few programs in the United States today that requires a dress code. The attitude of being and acting professional will continue to be an important factor. Pride in personal appearance is not a given, but becomes a way of life.
254 students | 1.9 mi. away
11792 students | 2.1 mi. away
269 students | 2.5 mi. away
769 students | 2.9 mi. away
5000 students | 20.2 mi. away