- American River College serves 35,264 students (30% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 57:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 47% of the student body.
- American River College is one of 14 community colleges within Sacramento County, CA.
- The nearest community college is MTI College (0.7 miles away).
American River College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|619 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||35,264 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:57||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||10,484 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||24,780 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||1%||1%|
|% Two or more races||4%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- American River College is a diverse academic community composed of individuals having many perspectives, abilities, faiths, cultures, ethnicities, races and orientations. We come from a multitude of backgrounds, and with distinct needs and goals. We recognize that to create an inclusive and intellectually vibrant community, we must understand and value our individual differences and affirm the inherit dignity in all of us.
- American River College is among the 10 largest community colleges in the state and is looked upon as a leader in innovative programs and services. It transfers more students to UC Davis and CSU Sacramento than any other community college. Five decades after its founding, American River College continues its leadership role among the Sacramento area's institutions of higher education.
- American River College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the The Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)--an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Commission on Recognition of Postsecondary Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education. ARC received its most recent accreditation "without condition"--the highest ranking a college can receive--in January 2004.
- ARC's Child Development Centers provide education and care for children and a laboratory for students preparing to work in the fields of early childhood education, nursing, child development, and psychology. Our child care programs are offered to student parents who are continuing their education, and serve infants/toddlers, preschool and school age children.
- The Counseling Center provides academic, career, and personal counseling, so that each student will reach his or her educational goals successfully. Services offered include individual counseling, group counseling, and Human/Career Development classes.
Related School Videos:
American River College v Sac City football
7 months ago
Related School News:
- Benicia High School baseball advances to section title - Vallejo Times-Herald
posted on May 22, 2013 at 08:04:14 am
Benicia High School baseball advances to section titleVallejo Times-HeraldThe Benicia High School baseball team won 10-2 and 7-6 against Bella Vista on Tuesday in ...
- American River College Kaleidoscope 2013 Fashion Show (Image by: David ... - The Sacramento Press
posted on May 8, 2013 at 10:54:23 pm
American River College Kaleidoscope 2013 Fashion Show (Image by: David ...The Sacramento PressPsychedelic forms viewed through a kaleidoscope have fascinated me since ...
- Will C. Wood High School track and field has solid performances at Davis meet - The Reporter
posted on April 21, 2013 at 08:16:15 am
Will C. Wood High School track and field has solid performances at Davis meetThe Reporter... Sickler was 27th (4:38.20). Sickler was also 11th in the 3,200 (9:41.91). Ricky ...
874 students | 0.7 mi. away
673 students | 1.8 mi. away
1456 students | 5.5 mi. away
717 students | 5.6 mi. away
15449 students | 14.3 mi. away