- Everest Institute-Rochester serves 1,170 students (77% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 146:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 64% of the student body.
- Everest Institute-Rochester is one of 4 community colleges within Monroe County, NY.
- The nearest community college is Bryant and Stratton College-Greece (5.2 miles away).
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Public|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|8 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,170 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:146||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||900 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||270 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- The college opened its doors in 1863 to provide commercial training to young men. In 1883, women were allowed to enroll. At that time, the catalog stated the paramount duty of every parent is to thoroughly equip their children for earning a livelihood. In 1976, the Regents of the University of the State of New York granted the school approval to award Associate's degrees based on the career and occupational focus of the institute's programs. In October 1996, Rhodes Business Group, Inc. acquired Rochester Business Institute.
- The school is housed in a state-of-the-art facility that includes classrooms, seminar rooms, lecture rooms, computer laboratories, a student lounge, and a library. Students also have access to office equipment, such as computers, audiovisual equipment, and transcription machines.
- RBI offers programs in accounting, business administration, computer programming, administrative support, and information processing. There is a heavy emphasis on computer and software applications in all of the aforementioned programs. Rochester Business Institute provides training in programs such as accounting, administrative information processing, business accounting and applications, business administration, business management, computer programming with business applications, information processing specialist, medical assisting, paralegal / legal assistant and programming for business.
- The college is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award diplomas and occupational associate's degrees.
Related School Videos:
A Golden Apple for the Teacher
1 year ago.
421 students | 5.2 mi. away
18981 students | 6.8 mi. away
321 students | 7.8 mi. away