- Orange County Community College serves 7,223 students (54% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 24:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 30% of the student body.
- Orange County Community College is the only community colleges within Orange County, NY.
Orange County Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|305 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||7,223 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:24||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||3,916 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||3,307 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Founded 1950, Orange County Community College is a two-year institution of higher education established by the authority of the State of New York and sponsored by the County of Orange.
- At SUNY Orange, you'll find an academic environment ideally suited for your personal and professional goals. SUNY Orange offers 44 academic programs in areas such as Business, The Health Professions, Liberal Arts, and Technology. Whether you are looking to develop your career skills or transfer to a four-year institution, we are confident that a SUNY Orange education can start you on the road to success.
- The Middletown campus is located in Middletown, midway between the Hudson and Delaware Rivers at the foot of the Catskill Mountains. The 37-acre former estate features 40,000 square feet of classrooms, laboratories, lecture halls, offices, a swimming pool, gymnasium, library and learning resource center.
- SUNY Orange offers three two-year associate degree programs. The AA and AS degree are for students interested in transferring to four-year institutions. The AAS degree is designed to prepare students for work in a number of career fields. One-year certificates are also available.
- The college is accredited by Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
3 years ago
Related School News:
- Elaine Selesnick - Newsday
posted on February 14, 2013 at 06:21:54 pm
NewsdayElaine SelesnickNewsdayIn addition, she lectured at Orange County Community College, Dutchess County Community College, State ...
- Father of one country, mother of another - OCRegister
posted on February 13, 2013 at 08:12:51 pm
Father of one country, mother of anotherOCRegisterBut as school budgets were cut he found new success performing in retirement communities. It fit ...
- 600 evacuate as smoke fills SUNY Orange building - Newsday (subscription)
posted on February 4, 2013 at 05:48:55 pm
Newsday (subscription)600 evacuate as smoke fills SUNY Orange buildingNewsday (subscription)About 600 students, faculty and staff were evacuated from two buildings on ...