- Monroe Community College serves 18,981 students (64% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 34:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 27% of the student body.
- Monroe Community College is one of 4 community colleges within Monroe County, NY.
- The nearest community college is Bryant and Stratton College-Henrietta (1.2 miles away).
Monroe Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|560 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||18,981 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:34||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||12,167 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||6,814 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||2%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- In the early 1960's, community leaders became concerned about the education of nurses in the Rochester area. Led by local physician Dr. Samuel J. Stabins, they established Monroe Community College as an educational institution which would prepare students to work in local hospitals and health care facilities. MCC became part of the State University of New York system, and its program offerings were expanded to prepare graduates for a wide range of job fields or transfer to four-year institutions.
- MCC's first class - 720 students - enrolled in September, 1962. Since then, enrollment has increased steadily and new programs have been developed to meet the changing requirements of the local community. The college Opened new four rink ESL Sports Centre in September 1998, Damon City Campus at Rochester in 1992 and Applied Technologies Center in early 1997.
- MCC's Brighton Campus is located on a 300-acre site at the junction of routes 390 and 590, just outside the city limits of Rochester, New York. The two newest academic buildings, opened in 1993, add modern learning facilities and electronic classrooms to the College's instructional space. The campus also includes a communications building, a 500-seat theater, art gallery and a large health and physical education complex with indoor pool and fitness center. A child care center is located on the campus, a short walk from the academic buildings.
- MCC is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools. Curricula are registered and approved by the New York State Department of Education. The College is a member of the League for Innovation in the Community College.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
Monroe Community College for conflict free
1 month ago
Campus Ambassadors@Monroe Community College
1 year ago.
Intersession Man - Monroe Community College
1 year ago.
Related School News:
- KFIX Rock News: Ex-Foreigner Singer To Release Memoir - hays Post
posted on April 1, 2013 at 05:06:43 pm
hays PostKFIX Rock News: Ex-Foreigner Singer To Release Memoirhays PostGramm will celebrate the book's arrival with a special launch event on May 4 at ...
- Firm to pay $4.7M to take over Sports Centre - Rochester Democrat and Chronicle
posted on March 19, 2013 at 09:39:14 pm
Firm to pay $4.7M to take over Sports CentreRochester Democrat and ChronicleNearly 15 years after The Sports Centre at Monroe Community College was built for $13 ...
- Genesee Community College appoints three to key posts - Buffalo News
posted on March 15, 2013 at 11:42:11 pm
Genesee Community College appoints three to key postsBuffalo NewsShe has been a dean at Monroe Community College. Sammy Naji has joined the college faculty ...
321 students | 1.2 mi. away
1170 students | 6.8 mi. away
421 students | 6.9 mi. away
6960 students | 24.5 mi. away