- Long Island Business Institute serves 593 students (72% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is lower than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body.
- Long Island Business Institute is one of 7 community colleges within Queens County, NY.
- The nearest community college is Briarcliffe College (11.8 miles away).
Long Island Business Institute
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Public|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|42 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||593 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:14||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||424 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||169 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Founded in 1968, Long Island Business Institute is registered by the New York State Education Department and accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools. LIBI's Court Reporting Program is one of only four in New York State that is approved by the prestigious National Court Reporting Association (NCRA). It is the only college in Suffolk County that offers a program in Court Reporting.
- Your future employers demand skilled, goal-directed personnel who can fill specialized openings. For more than forty years, LIBI has responded to that demand by teaching and placing our graduates in a variety of positions throughout the New York metropolitan area.
- Preparing you for your career is our utmost concern. At LIBI, we are committed to personalizing instruction, developing skills, and building confidence in the application of those skills. We offer a full complement of programs and courses which are designed to prepare you for an exciting career in today's fast-paced business world.
Related School Videos:
LIBI as an Honor Roll Institution
1 year ago.
LIBI Graduation on the news
3 years ago
1605 students | 11.8 mi. away
135 students | 13.2 mi. away
6740 students | 19.9 mi. away
6197 students | 23.6 mi. away