- Finger Lakes Community College serves 6,960 students (55% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 34:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 10% of the student body.
- Finger Lakes Community College is the only community colleges within Ontario County, NY.
- The nearest community college is Bryant and Stratton College-Henrietta (23.5 miles away).
Finger Lakes Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|203 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||6,960 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:34||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||3,818 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||3,142 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||1%||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- FLCC's campus of more than 250 acres is located adjacent to the scenic and recreationally-rich Canandaigua community, in the heart of the Finger Lakes Region. The College has off-campus centers in Geneva, Newark, and Victor. The modern, multi-level campus includes science and computer laboratories, a simulated nursing hospital station, drafting rooms, technology-enhanced classrooms, a 900 square-foot television studio and control room, a recording studio, greenhouse, music rehearsal hall, gymnasium, and a library complex. Additionally, the College offers extensive computer resources for student learning.
- Other special FLCC features include landscaped and natural hiking trails, outdoor classrooms, athletic fields, a modern Child Care Center, the Muller Conservation Field Station located at the southern end of Honeoye Lake, and the Constellation Brands - Marvin Sands Performing Arts Center (MAC).
- Fifty-five percent of FLCC students graduate with A.S. or A.A. transfer degrees prepared for further study at four-year institutions. Others graduate with A.A.S. degrees or certificates prepared to obtain employment in their field of study.
- Finger Lakes Community College offers Honors courses, January Plan, distance learning classroom and SUNY Learning Network Courses, and Internships. The College also holds Joint Admissions Agreements and Transfer Agreements with public and private four-year colleges and universities that allow graduates to transfer their credits in pursuit of bachelor's degrees, while receiving full junior status.
- All courses of instruction at Finger Lakes Community College are registered with the Office of Higher Education of the State Education Department. Finger Lakes Community College is accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of College and Schools.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
Finger Lakes Community College - Wiki Article
14 days ago
Isa Adney Live at Finger Lakes Community College
6 months ago
Related School News:
- Genesee Community College Board of Trustees OKs 2013-14 Budget - ReadMedia (press release)
posted on May 20, 2013 at 07:48:54 pm
Genesee Community College Board of Trustees OKs 2013-14 BudgetReadMedia (press release)She most recently served as Assistant Director of Athletics at Finger Lakes Community ...
- College graduates jumping into the job market - MPNnow.com
posted on May 16, 2013 at 02:01:54 pm
College graduates jumping into the job marketMPNnow.comThe student in Finger Lakes Community College's nursing program will receive her degree ...
- COLLEGE BASEBALL: Schedule set for Region III Final Four in Little Falls - Little Falls Evening Times
posted on May 16, 2013 at 03:48:41 am
COLLEGE BASEBALL: Schedule set for Region III Final Four in Little FallsLittle Falls Evening TimesOnondaga upset Jefferson Community College, the second seed form the ...