- Cayuga County Community College serves 5,000 students (54% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 39:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 9% of the student body.
- Cayuga County Community College is the only community colleges within Cayuga County, NY.
- The nearest community college is Onondaga Community College (18.2 miles away).
Cayuga County Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|127 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||5,000 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:39||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||2,700 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,300 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||1%||1%|
|% Two or more races||2%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
|Tuition||$1650 per semester|
|Tuition Notes||&132 per credit for|
- On April 9, 1953, the State University of New York (SUNY) Board of Trustees approved the establishment of a community college in Auburn under the sponsorship of the Auburn City School District. Auburn Community College opened its doors the following September in the former James Street Elementary School. It was the first community college developed entirely after the establishment of SUNY. When Cayuga County assumed sponsorship for the College in July 1975, the name was officially changed to Cayuga County Community College.
- Today, more than 3,000 students are enrolled either full-time or part-time at Cayuga's two locations. With over 18,700 alumni to the College's credit, Cayuga has produced graduates of distinction in a wide array of fields.
- The flexibility to respond to the community's changing needs is a hallmark of higher education at Cayuga. Not only recent high school graduates, but also working adults, busy parents, and retirees can take courses and pursue an associate degree by studying at Cayuga days, evenings, weekends, or online.
- The College has earned a reputation for helping people reach their educational goals through small classes, a nurturing academic environment, and affordable tuition. Cayuga's trustees, faculty and staff remain committed to providing outstanding academic programs and dynamic services, as an essential and evolving higher education resource for the community.
- Cayuga Community College is accredited by the Commission on Higher Education, the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission and the Society of Broadcast Engineers.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
Cayuga Community College - Wiki Article
1 month ago
Related School News:
- Southern Cayuga gets past Union Springs in Holiday Tourney - Auburn Citizen
posted on December 29, 2012 at 03:57:06 am
Southern Cayuga gets past Union Springs in Holiday TourneyAuburn CitizenMiller scored a game-high 21 points, pulled down six rebounds and hit four free throws ...
- More students need aid from CCC
posted on September 23, 2009 at 09:50:58 am
AUBURN - Cayuga County Community College has received more applications for financial aid in its first three weeks of the school year ...
11792 students | 18.2 mi. away
269 students | 21.5 mi. away
254 students | 21.7 mi. away
769 students | 22.1 mi. away