- Mesalands Community College serves 746 students (44% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 23:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body.
- Mesalands Community College is the only community colleges within Quay County, NM.
Mesalands Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|33 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||746 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:23||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||327 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||419 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Mesalands Community College was established as Tucumcari Area Vocational School (TAVS) under the Area Vocational School Act of New Mexico during the thirty-third Legislative Session of the State of New Mexico. In January 1979, an act of the Legislature authorized the establishment of an area vocational school in Tucumcari. The school was authorized to offer programs of vocational education leading to certificates and diplomas.
- Mesalands Community College is situated at 911 South Tenth Street in Tucumcari, New Mexico. Tumcari, located in the eastern part of the state and surrounded by scenic mesas, is recognizable by its landmark, the 5,000-ft. butte known as Tucumcari Mountain. The campus of Mesalands Community College is positioned on 23 acres, with room for future expansion. The main campus is comprised of five buildings, with three additional buildings located at other sites off the main campus.
- As a community college, we are here to meet your educational goals and aspirations. Whether you are interested in improving your pre-collegiate skills, training for a technical career, or preparing to transfer to a four-year institution, we can fulfill your needs. As a small college, we can provide personal attention and a caring atmosphere that is difficult to find elsewhere. Our small classes and caring faculty create a learning environment designed to make our students successful.
- Mesalands Community College is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission, a Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, Other National Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
WRCF Donates $10000 To Mesalands Community College
5 months ago
Mesalands Community College
2 years ago
Related School News:
- Mesalands Community College grant goes to developing wind energy - Albuquerque Business First (blog)
posted on January 7, 2013 at 01:02:41 pm
North American WindpowerMesalands Community College grant goes to developing wind energyAlbuquerque Business First (blog)New Mexico's growing wind energy industry is getting a boost from Mesalands Community College. Last year Mesalands ...
- Mesalands Community College grant goes to developing wind energy
posted on January 7, 2013 at 12:18:00 pm
New Mexico?s growing wind energy industry is getting a boost from Mesalands Community College. Last year Mesalands received a $523,751 grant, which it has used to expand its green industry programs. The school developed a one- semester program that ...
- Year in review: Top stories of 2012 - Quay County Sun
posted on January 2, 2013 at 02:17:37 am
Year in review: Top stories of 2012Quay County SunThe lengthy process of searching for a new president for Mesalands Community College will begin after ...