- Salem Community College serves 1,465 students (61% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 27:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 30% of the student body.
- Salem Community College is the only community colleges within Salem County, NJ.
- The nearest community college is Delaware Technical and Community College-Stanton-Wilmington (9.8 miles away).
Salem Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|55 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,465 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:27||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||888 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||577 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Salem Community College traces its origins to the opening of Salem County Technical Institute in 1958. The institute quickly established a reputation for excellence in postsecondary career education, particularly in the technical and health fields. Recognizing the college-level caliber of the institute's programs, the Salem County Board of Chosen Freeholders requested approval to grant degree-awarding authority to the institute. The New Jersey Board of Higher Education evaluated the institute's programs and granted the requested approval. On September 3, 1972, Salem Community College was established by the Board of Chosen Freeholders.
- Salem Community College is a two-year, public, comprehensive institution of higher education authorized to grant associate degrees (A.A., A.S. and A.A.S.) and certificates in over 40 liberal arts, business, practical nursing and technology programs of study. SCC places strong emphasis on educational outreach and an open admissions policy. SCC is committed to providing quality instruction, academic support and student services that meet students' educational goals.
- SCC has 11-acre campus in Carneys Point, NJ. SCC enjoys the advantages of being in a small suburban community while being near Wilmington Delaware, Philadelphia and other metropolitan areas. The Carneys Point Campus features the Glass Center, home of the nationally renowned programs in scientific glass technology and glass art. The Salem Center offers many of the same services available at the Carneys Point campus, including credit-course registration and placement testing.
- Salem Community College is fully accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. In addition, the College and its programs are approved by the New Jersey Commission on Higher Education.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
Craft in America - Salem Community College
3 years ago
2011 Salem Community College Robotics Finals
1 year ago.
Men's Basketball vs. Salem 01-10-2012
8 months ago
SCC Oak Singers sing National Anthem
1 year ago.
Related School News:
- Salem Community College Glass Club to host spring sale - The Bridgeton News - NJ.com
posted on March 28, 2013 at 12:37:57 pm
Salem Community College Glass Club to host spring saleThe Bridgeton News - NJ.comCARNEYS POINT TWP. ? Community members will have an opportunity to buy one-of-a-kind ...
- Artists show off their glass at Salem Community College International ... - Gloucester County Times - NJ.com
posted on March 24, 2013 at 12:39:47 pm
Artists show off their glass at Salem Community College International ...Gloucester County Times - NJ.comALLOWAY TWP. ? Top glass artists from around the world and those learning ...
- Salem Community College partners with Salem High School for new course in ... - The Bridgeton News - NJ.com
posted on March 12, 2013 at 02:05:47 am
Salem Community College partners with Salem High School for new course in ...The Bridgeton News - NJ.comSALEM ? The Salem City School District and Salem Community College ...
7451 students | 9.8 mi. away