- Hudson County Community College serves 9,189 students (65% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 43:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 85% of the student body.
- Hudson County Community College is one of 2 community colleges within Hudson County, NJ.
- The nearest community college is Tri-State College Of Acupuncture (3.2 miles away).
Hudson County Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|213 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||9,189 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:43||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||5,969 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||3,220 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
|Tuition Notes||* county resident ra|
- When the New Jersey Board of Higher Education approved the establishment of a community college commission in Hudson County in September, 1974, the Commission became the first agency of its kind in the country. In the Spring of 1981, the Institution's official name became Hudson County Community College.
- Over the past decade, the credit enrollment has grown to more than 9,000 students, and not-for-credit enrollments have increased more than 10 times. The curricula have been revised and expanded to include more and stronger transfer and career programs, including a Paramedic Science degree program launched last semester. The College has established a centralized counseling program, and reorganized student government/student activities programs provide a strong co-curricular supplement to academic programs.
- Hudson County Community College offers a full range of associate-degree and certificate programs, many of which may lead to immediate employment. Students may select courses of study in Allied Health, Business, Computer Science, Culinary Arts, Education, Engineering/Technology, Liberal Arts and Social Sciences.
- HCCC's chapter of the international Phi Theta Kappa honor society is a source of special pride for the College and has earned national and statewide recognition for excellence. The Center for Business and Industry has been established to provide contract training for county employers and local businesses. A recently established Division of Technology and Instructional Support Services is implementing ambitious plans to incorporate state-of-the-art technology into the classroom and workplace.
Related School Videos:
Related School News:
- COMMUNITY NOTES - The Jersey Journal - NJ.com
posted on February 13, 2013 at 08:07:02 am
COMMUNITY NOTESThe Jersey Journal - NJ.comHudson County Community College, Center for Business and Industry & Career and Transfer Services ...
- Rand takes the helm Ad exec elected first female chairperson of Hudson County ... - The Hudson Reporter
posted on February 10, 2013 at 05:08:08 am
Rand takes the helm Ad exec elected first female chairperson of Hudson County ...The Hudson Reporter?What you see reflected here today is not just a resurgence, but a rebirth ...
- Onetime Hudson County Community College basketball coach Rich Corsetto ... - The Jersey Journal - NJ.com
posted on February 9, 2013 at 11:43:44 pm
Onetime Hudson County Community College basketball coach Rich Corsetto ...The Jersey Journal - NJ.comCorsetto, who coached the Hudson County Community College men's ...
150 students | 3.2 mi. away
13424 students | 6.0 mi. away
2729 students | 13.4 mi. away
427 students | 14.3 mi. away
17198 students | 15.3 mi. away