- Bergen Community College serves 17,198 students (58% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 30:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 50% of the student body.
- Bergen Community College is one of 2 community colleges within Bergen County, NJ.
- The nearest community college is Berkeley College (West Paterson) (6.0 miles away).
Bergen Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|568 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||17,198 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:30||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||9,982 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||7,216 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
|Tuition||$133 per credit|
- Founded in 1965, Bergen Community College enrolls more than 14,000 students in Associate in Arts, Associate in Science, and Associate in Applied Science degree programs, and certificate programs. More than 10,000 students are enrolled in non-credit, professional development courses through the Division of Continuing Education. The Philip J. Ciarco Learning Center, at 355 Main Street, Hackensack, offers adult basic skills, English as a Second Language, non-credit, and credit courses.
- Bergen Community College is a public two-year coeducational college, enrolling more than 14,000 students in degree and certificate programs. The academic programs are classified as transfer or career programs. Bergen Community College programs prepare students for transfer to four-year colleges and universities, or for immediate entry into a career. Since its inception, Bergen has offered open admissions, small classes, affordable tuition, dedicated faculty, outstanding student services, flexible scheduling, and a student centered campus.
- Bergen Community College is a vibrant educational community that is committed to serving Bergen County by providing rare opportunities for people of all ages to discover their talents and to realize their potential. The opening of our new Technology Education Center gave us the opportunity to showcase state-of-the-art facilities and programs to high school students and administrators, community residents, and our own faculty and students, who take great pride in the College�s achievements. Our shared dream is that our students and alumni will continue to reach new goals as they become valuable members of our community.
- Bergen Community College also offers Certificate Programs and Certificates of Achievement which award recognition to students who successfully complete a program of specialized courses in a specific discipline.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
Bergen Community College: Bergen Excellence
2 years ago
Related School News:
- Bloomfield Resident Honored for Achievements as Nurse - Patch.com
posted on February 13, 2013 at 10:21:35 am
Bloomfield Resident Honored for Achievements as NursePatch.comAfter coming to the United States 16 years ago, Memba earned a registered nurse degree from Bergen ...
- New strategy for incubators as state funding remains elusive - NJBIZ
posted on February 12, 2013 at 06:41:06 pm
New strategy for incubators as state funding remains elusiveNJBIZMichel Bitritto, director of the Meadowlands Regional Accelerator, an incubator based at Bergen ...
- West Brook Students Participate in MatchCounts Competition - Patch.com
posted on February 11, 2013 at 09:23:57 pm
West Brook Students Participate in MatchCounts CompetitionPatch.comarticle[new_asset_attachment_attributes][user_id]. new_asset_attachment_attributes. Ten members ...
2729 students | 6.0 mi. away
150 students | 15.3 mi. away
9189 students | 15.3 mi. away
13424 students | 15.4 mi. away
427 students | 16.1 mi. away