- Northeast Mississippi Community College serves 3,743 students (90% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 26:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 20% of the student body.
- Northeast Mississippi Community College is the only community colleges within Prentiss County, MS.
Northeast Mississippi Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|142 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,743 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:26||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||3,380 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||363 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- The College was created in 1948 to serve the needs of the people in the northeastern corner of Mississippi. The official service area of the College is Alcorn, Prentiss, Tippah, Tishomingo and Union counties. Beyond its official scope, the College enrolls students from Tennessee, Alabama, many other states, and countries. Satellite campuses are now in Union and Alcorn counties. Because we offer quality education in a convenient, affordable, and flexible format, our enrollment has grown in excess of 3,300.
- Northeast is a comprehensive community college with transfer, career, and technical courses in day, evening, weekend, and on-line formats. We support our students with a full array of financial aid, counseling, placement, and housing services. Our instructors are well-trained and seasoned professionals who invest their energy into the success of their students. In addition to our regular programs, Mississippi State University and the University of Mississippi offer upper-division classes on the Booneville campus. Classes may also be taken off-campus at the New Albany, Tishomingo, and Corinth sites.
- Quality programs, caring professionals, and modern facilities are all components of the recipe of success for the College. Northeast offers transfer programs that lead to university study, technical and vocational programs and on-site industry training. These opportunities are provided in a caring atmosphere led by excellent teachers who work for student success both in the classroom and in students' future careers.
- Northeast Mississippi Community College (NEMCC) is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the Associate in Arts degree, the Associate in Applied Science degree and certificates. The institution is accredited by the Mississippi State Accrediting Committee of Community and Junior Colleges.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
Northeast Mississippi Community College Drumline
5 years ago
Related School News:
- Hal White, a Friend to So Many, Passes Away At 64 - Jackson Free Press
posted on March 28, 2013 at 09:59:25 pm
Hal White, a Friend to So Many, Passes Away At 64Jackson Free PressIf Hal studied the culinary arts at Northeast Mississippi Community College, he got his master's ...
- Mississippi state Sen. Browning switches parties, gives Republicans super majority - Memphis Commercial Appeal
posted on March 26, 2013 at 05:47:33 pm
Mississippi state Sen. Browning switches parties, gives Republicans super majorityMemphis Commercial AppealBrowning, a businessman, attended Mississippi State University and ...
- Northeast *instructor wins statewide award - Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal
posted on March 26, 2013 at 12:06:21 pm
Northeast *instructor wins statewide awardNortheast Mississippi Daily JournalFalkner, a history instructor at Northeast Mississippi Community College, received the Humanities ...