- North Central Michigan College serves 3,189 students (38% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 35:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 11% of the student body.
- North Central Michigan College is the only community colleges within Emmet County, MI.
North Central Michigan College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|92 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,189 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:35||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||1,217 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,972 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||7%||1%|
|% Two or more races||1%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- In 2003, North Central Michigan College and six universities joined together to form a University Center partnership. This partnership with Central Michigan University, Ferris State University, Lake Superior State University, Lawrence Technological University, Michigan State University and Spring Arbor University affords significant benefits and opportunities to North Central students.
- North Central Michigan College offers a wide range of extra-curricular activities to add to your college experience. Activities include the North Central Michigan College Lecture Series, Earth Day, Polynesian Week, hypnotists, theme movies and more.
- The North Central Michigan College campus includes Library and Academic Technologies (LAT) which offers a wide variety of high-techology services for students,staff and the community. They include traditional and on-line library servies, state-of-the-art videioconferencing, dial-up Internet access, Blackboard on-line courses facilitated by North Central faculty, multi-media producation and "Smart Classroom" technology used by North Central faculty and students. The library also has meeting rooms.
- Student and Community Resource Center (SCRC) hourses a 71,000 square foot multipurpose gymnasium designed for a variety of recreation and physical education activities. Locker rooms with showers are open to anyone using the facilities. Upstairs, an exercise facility is equipped with weight training and exercise equipment.
- The Natural Area is located along the south edge of campus. The Natural Area has over 200 acres of trails for hiking and cross-country sking. It is also used for many of the College's lab science courses. The Natural Area has a spring, a stretch of the Bear River, meadows, marshes and forest.
Related School Videos:
Discover North Central Michigan College
1 year ago.
Discover North Central Michigan College (:30)
1 year ago.
NCMC Founders Society Awards - Marion Kuebler
2 months ago
Related School News:
- High school direct college credit enrollments surpass expectations - Petoskey News-Review
posted on December 19, 2012 at 02:23:13 pm
High school direct college credit enrollments surpass expectationsPetoskey News-ReviewStudents can take traditional advanced placement classes which colleges accept for ...
- Groundbreaking For New Health Education and Science Center at North Central Michigan College
posted on July 27, 2011 at 10:48:35 pm
A groundbreaking today, Wednesday, shows the new Health Education and Science Center is ...
- Learning curve: Baseball campers cover all the bases despite rain, cold
posted on June 29, 2011 at 08:11:18 am
It sure didn’t feel like a summer day ...