- Black River Technical College serves 2,508 students (66% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 33:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 4% of the student body.
- Black River Technical College is the only community colleges within Randolph County, AR.
- The nearest community college is Crowley's Ridge College (24.3 miles away).
Black River Technical College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|77 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,508 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:33||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||1,646 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||862 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||1%||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Black River Technical College was founded in 1972 on land donated by the City of Pocahontas, and was known as Black River Vocational Technical School. The vocational school became the Black River Technical College in 1991, operating temporarily under the supervision of the Department of Higher Education. In 1993, the college became an independent institution of higher education.
- Black River Technical College is an architecturally modern designed campus with 18 buildings located on 89 acres. BRTC offers Associate of Applied Science and Associate of Arts degrees, Technical Certificates, Certificates of Proficiency, and Adult and Continuing Education courses.
- A Board of Trustees, appointed by the Governor of Arkansas, serves as the governing board. The college is accredited by the The Higher Learning Commissions of North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- BRTC faculty share a devotion to their diverse disciplines and programs and a commitment to the intellectual, technical, and professional growth of their students. The student-faculty ratio of 16 to 1 permits students to have a productive learning relationship with their instructors.
Related School Videos:
1 year ago.
Related School News:
- Dutka Set to Retire from DHS - cctimesdemocrat
posted on December 19, 2012 at 07:04:19 pm
Dutka Set to Retire from DHScctimesdemocratDutka is a board member for the Continuing Adult Education program at Black River Technical College. ...
- NEARIFA optimistic about future - Walnut Ridge Times Dispatch
posted on December 12, 2012 at 06:22:29 pm
Walnut Ridge Times DispatchNEARIFA optimistic about futureWalnut Ridge Times DispatchThe Northeast Arkansas Regional Intermodal Facilities Authority held its last ...
- Black River College President Richard Gaines to Retire
posted on June 13, 2011 at 11:54:10 am
Longtime Black River Technical College ...