- Alpena Community College serves 2,080 students (57% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 22:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 4% of the student body.
- Alpena Community College is the only community colleges within Alpena County, MI.
Alpena Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|94 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,080 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:22||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||1,180 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||900 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||1%||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Founded in 1952, Alpena Community College offered classes at Alpena High School (then on Second Avenue) until the current campus was established in 1957. We were part of the Alpena K-14 public school system until 1979, when district voters decided the college should be independent and governed by its own Board of Trustees.
- ACC offers two-year degrees, one-year certificates, customized training and cultural opportunities to all of Northeast Michigan. Each semester, we attract more than 2,000 credit students of diverse ages and backgrounds. About two-thirds of our students live in the Alpena area, while the remaining one-third or so come from neighboring Alcona, Iosco, Montmorency and Presque Isle counties. In addition, the national reputation of some of our programs attract students from elsewhere in Michigan and throughout the United States.
- There are a variety of social, academic, athletic, cultural and service opportunities available to students at Alpena Community College. Involvement in activities beyond the classroom help you meet new people, broaden your interests and have fun, - important aspects of the collegiate experience.
- The Alpena Community College main campus is situated on 700 acres in Alpena, Michigan, just a short distance from Lake Huron. Our Huron Shores Campus in Oscoda serves residents in and around Iosco County. In addition, we offer selected classes in Rogers City, Whittemore and Tawas City.
- The college is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Institutions of Higher Education.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
Alpena Community College Welcomes New VP
5 months ago
Alpena Community College Utility Tech Program
3 years ago
Informal Deviance Alpena Community College
10 months ago
Related School News:
- ACC men stay close with?Oakland in first half but fall 82-45 - Alpena News
posted on February 4, 2013 at 04:29:09 am
Alpena NewsACC men stay close with?Oakland in first half but fall 82-45Alpena News15 Oakland on Saturday, the Alpena Community College men's basketball team matched up ...
- Lumberjacks bear-ied under - Alpena News
posted on January 31, 2013 at 03:55:45 am
Alpena NewsLumberjacks bear-ied underAlpena NewsA few minutes had some big consequences for the Alpena Community College women's basketball team on ...
- Dailey delivers - Alpena News
posted on January 17, 2013 at 04:30:19 am
Alpena NewsDailey deliversAlpena NewsThe 5-5 Alpena Community College freshman guard juked a pair of Schoolcraft defenders and sank an off-balance ...