- Massasoit Community College serves 8,053 students (45% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 29:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body.
- Massasoit Community College is the only community colleges within Plymouth County, MA.
- The nearest community college is New England College of Business and Finance (19.5 miles away).
Massasoit Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|274 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||8,053 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:29||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||3,628 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||4,425 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Massasoit Community College is a comprehensive institution offering a full range of degree programs, transfer and support services-including an extensive Academic Resource Center, and credentialed certificates in a wide array of fields. With a Massasoit education you can be ready for immediate employment in the workforce or transfer to a four-year college.
- Massasoit Community College was founded in 1966, but its origin can be traced to a 1947 study by the State Board of Education which determined the need for a low tuition, state supported system. The study proposed that twelve community colleges be established, one of which would serve the Greater Brockton, South Shore area. In 1961, a proposal was brought before the Brockton School Committee, and after a feasibility study, announcement of such a college was made in 1965.
- In 1985, the Blue Hills Technical Institute, itself in existence since 1966, formally merged with Massasoit Community College, and is now the Canton campus. The Conference Center at Massasoit opened in 1997 offering 7200 square feet of meeting space for local businesses and other community organizations.
- Brockton Campus physical facilities include a 100 acre Brockton campus which offers students a Fine Arts building with two theaters, a T.V. studio and a radio station; a Field House which houses an olympic sized swimming pool, racketball courts and a weight room; modern classroom buildings and laboratory facilities; and an extensive library facility.
- Massasoit Community College is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
Massasoit Community College Karaoke!
21 days ago
Related School News:
- A family helped by Globe Santa, in nick of time - Boston Globe
posted on December 24, 2012 at 05:29:01 am
Boston GlobeA family helped by Globe Santa, in nick of timeBoston Globe?I do want to be able to comfortably support my family, though, and that is why I am attending ...
- Gun control debate renewed locally - Enterprise News
posted on December 22, 2012 at 11:04:18 am
Gun control debate renewed locallyEnterprise NewsBut 21-year-old Matt Rideout of Brockton, a student at Massasoit Community College, said the killer in ...
- Jingle Bell Run a fun way to give back - Enterprise News
posted on December 9, 2012 at 11:05:53 am
Jingle Bell Run a fun way to give backEnterprise NewsBright red Santa hats atop skin-tight black jogging suits were the most common attire on Saturday as ...
922 students | 19.5 mi. away
1179 students | 19.6 mi. away
12000 students | 21.2 mi. away