- Cape Cod Community College serves 4,482 students (38% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 29:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 17% of the student body.
- Cape Cod Community College is the only community colleges within Barnstable County, MA.
Cape Cod Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|157 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,482 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:29||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||1,718 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,764 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||1%||1%|
|% Two or more races||6%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
|Tuition Notes||*Full Time Tuition a|
- The College is a student-centered learning community that prepares students for a rapidly changing and socially diverse global economy. To this end, it provides degrees in the liberal arts and sciences; career and technical degrees and certificates; and workforce education.
- A strong liberal arts focus contributes (1) a foundation for transfer to a baccalaureate programs; (2) general education that supports technical and career programs with communication and analytical competencies as well as broadly based liberal education; and (3) cultural opportunities for the region.
- Cape Cod Community College was established in 1961, the second institution to open as part of what is now a 15 community college system in Massachusetts that resulted from the persistent efforts of Senator Edward Carleton Stone.
- Outgrowing its first home, in 1970 Cape Cod Community College moved to its current location on 116 acres in West Barnstable, making it the first community college in the state to build a new campus. Under the direction of its second president, E. Carleton Nickerson, the College moved into five of the eight buildings designated in the master plan for the new campus. With all eight buildings completed by 1974, the structural space on campus totaled 300,249 square feet. Today, the campus consists of 116 acres and 9 buildings, totaling 305,494 square feet.
- Cape Cod Community College is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc., through its Commission on Institutions of Higher Education.
Related School Videos:
Stanley Porter at Cape Cod Community College
1 year ago.
Related School News:
- ZERO - The End Of Prostate Cancer Announces New CEO - The Herald | HeraldOnline.com
posted on March 27, 2013 at 08:11:24 pm
ZERO - The End Of Prostate Cancer Announces New CEOThe Herald | HeraldOnline.comHe studied communications at Johns Hopkins University and holds a Bachelor of Art ...
- Drones land in Cape college curriculum - Capecodonline
posted on March 26, 2013 at 10:59:13 am
Drones land in Cape college curriculumCapecodonlineCape Cod Community College will hold two seminars delving into the technology and details of ...
- Gonsalves: Reaching for the magic number - Capecodonline
posted on March 26, 2013 at 08:02:02 am
Gonsalves: Reaching for the magic numberCapecodonlineTwo months ago, she enrolled in the Accelerated Career Training program offered through Cape ...