- Frederick Community College serves 6,285 students (37% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 24:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body.
- Frederick Community College is the only community colleges within Frederick County, MD.
Frederick Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|265 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||6,285 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:24||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||2,332 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||3,953 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Frederick Community College was founded in 1957, offering evening classes to 77 students in borrowed quarters at Frederick High School. Soon after, classes were moved to a separate facility on North Market Street, in downtown Frederick. The College occupied its present 100-acre campus in 1970, on the outskirts of the city. There are ten buildings on campus and several satellite locations. The College provides transfer, career, continuing education, and customized training programs to over 16,000 students annually. It subscribes to an open door admissions policy. FCC's character as a Learning College is represented by its Vision Statement, “Student Learning First.”
- Frederick Community College awards associate in arts, associate of arts in teaching, associate in applied science, and associate in science degrees, as well as certificates and letters of recognition, in more than 50 fields of study. In the Fall 2003 semester, the College's FTE enrollment was 1,330. Over the past five years, FTE enrollment has increased 20% and full-time enrollment has increased 31%. Fifty-eight percent of students are in transfer programs.
- Located in the foothills of Maryland's Catoctin Mountains, FCC's beautiful campus continues to grow. At present it encompasses an Arts & Student Center that includes a cafeteria, art gallery, bookstore, music and art classrooms, and a 400-seat theater; a Library Building with language, video, and allied health laboratories; the Field House, gymnasium, and playing fields; three classroom buildings with faculty offices and administrative space in addition to science, mathematics, and computer laboratories; a lecture hall; a new Conference Center; and a Children's Center. At the present time, planning is underway for a new building to house an expanded student center, classroom, and office space.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association, Other National Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
Kevin Richter, Frederick Community College
7 months ago
connor graber (Frederick Community College)
8 months ago
Kevin Richter (Frederick Community College)
8 months ago
Connor Graber (Frederick Community College)
8 months ago
Related School News:
- Talley out as FCC president - Frederick News Post (subscription)
posted on January 4, 2013 at 07:00:29 am
Frederick News Post (subscription)Talley out as FCC presidentFrederick News Post (subscription)Without spending even one year in the position, Frederick Community College President ...
- Frederick Community College gets $1M Homeland Security grant
posted on October 3, 2012 at 10:55:00 am
Frederick Community College has received a $1 million grant from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, the Frederick News-Post reported. The grant will be used to develop ...
- Local Sports
posted on July 15, 2011 at 04:29:48 am
MARTINSBURG — Jake Sites went from having shoulder surgery to becoming one ...