- Illinois Valley Community College serves 4,507 students (47% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 34:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body.
- Illinois Valley Community College is the only community colleges within La Salle County, IL.
Illinois Valley Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|131 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,507 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:34||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||2,131 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,376 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
|Tuition||75.75 per hour (Fall|
- Illinois Valley Community College is a comprehensive public community college located in Oglesby, IL. The College district covers all and parts of eight counties in North Central Illinois. There are 21 high schools, 24 public and 11 parochial elementary and junior high schools within the College's service area.
- The college was founded in 1924 as LaSalle-Peru-Oglesby Junior College; renamed Illinois Valley Community College in 1966.
- IVCC's comprehensive offerings include the following baccalaureate transfer degrees: Associate in arts (A.A.) Associate in Science (A.S.), and Associate in Engineering Science (A.E.S.). An Associate in General Studies (A.G.S.) is also available. IVCC has 24 Career Programs (Associate in Applied Science degrees) designed for employment after two years. A total of 42 certificate programs enable students to gain employment in two years of less.
- In addition to academic and technical programs, the College offers a comprehensive array of services designed to encourage students' success. Extracurricular activities include 27 clubs and organizations and eight intercollegiate athletic teams.
- Illinois Valley Community College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
Related School News:
- IVCC-LPO Hall of Fame class of 2013 announced - LaSalle News Tribune
posted on December 21, 2012 at 07:03:45 pm
LaSalle News TribuneIVCC-LPO Hall of Fame class of 2013 announcedLaSalle News TribuneThe Illinois Valley Community College Foundation has selected four individuals and a pair of teams for induction in the IVCC-LPO ...
- 9/5/2012-Collection Development and Access Librarian, Illinois Valley Community College, Oglesby, Illinois
posted on September 5, 2012 at 01:01:00 am
- Health clinic under consideration for IVCC
posted on September 21, 2011 at 04:27:26 am
Illinois Valley Community College may soon have a on-campus health clinic for both students and employees. At its monthly ...