- City Colleges of Chicago-Malcolm X College serves 8,366 students (51% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 64:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body.
- City Colleges of Chicago-Malcolm X College is one of 37 community colleges within Cook County, IL.
- The nearest community college is The College of Office Technology (1.9 miles away).
City Colleges of Chicago-Malcolm X College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|130 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||8,366 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:64||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||4,307 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||4,059 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Malcolm X College , a learning and assessment-centered community college, empowers students of diverse backgrounds and abilities to achieve academic, career, and personal success.
- In addition to our commitment to academic excellence, we are a learning and assessment centered community college committed to extending learning experiences beyond the classroom setting to the global community through a wealth of cultural programs, extracurricular activities and socially relevant symposia.
- Annually the College hosts over 1,000 meetings and community events serving in excess of 150,000 individuals. In partnership with the Shule Ya Watoto (School for Children), Malcolm X College has the distinction of hosting one of the nation's only seven day Kwanzaa observances in the country, open to the public. In addition, the College addresses the needs of a multi-cultural student body and its surrounding community through events celebrating African American History Month, Asian American Month, Hispanic Heritage Month, Women's History Month and Veterans' Day, to name a few.
- Malcolm X College is embarking on a 35 million dollar renovation project to improve the mechanical and electrical infrastructure; replace the roof; upgrade public restrooms and the gymnasium; replace classroom furniture and install new lighting at Malcolm X College and the West Side Learning Center . These physical upgrades are certain to have a positive, lasting impact upon the learning environment of the institution, ensuring better educational experiences for all of our constituents.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association
385 students | 1.9 mi. away
0 students | 2.4 mi. away
12947 students | 6.2 mi. away
6366 students | 6.8 mi. away
4868 students | 12.0 mi. away