- Middle Georgia College serves 3,496 students (71% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 27:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 45% of the student body.
- Middle Georgia College is the only community colleges within Bleckley County, GA.
- The nearest community college is Middle Georgia Technical College (21.7 miles away).
Middle Georgia College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|128 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,496 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:27||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||2,471 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,025 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||1%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Middle Georgia College (MGC) is a state college unit of the University System of Georgia with a focus on providing constituents access to certificate, associate, and select baccalaureate programs in academic transfer or occupation related programs of study. The College is dedicated to providing a dynamic, learning-centered, caring and technically advanced environment of excellence. As a multi-campus, residential institution, the College pursues innovative opportunities to provide services to its traditional and non-traditional students primarily from rural areas of south central Georgia and will maintain a recognized legacy of affordable higher education and community support services of the highest quality. The College also serves as the only higher education institution of aviation for the State of Georgia.
- The College's historic main campus in Cochran offers academic programs of study through the baccalaureate degree for commuting and residential students. The Institution's Georgia Aviation campus in Eastman provides aviation specific technical education for the State while supporting the main campus' Bachelor of Science in Aviation Management degree program. The Dublin Campus provides educational opportunities for central Georgia commuting students. Selected certificate and associate degree programs, as well as additional advanced higher education opportunities, are offered online and in collaboration with participating four-year institutions. In addition, MGC provides undergraduate education addressing the economic development needs of Georgia's heartland and the state's aviation industry.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
Middle Georgia college review
5 months ago
Middle Georgia College TV Commercial
4 years ago
Video Tour of Middle Georgia College
5 years ago
Related School News:
- Top stories in Middle Georgia from January-March - Macon Telegraph (blog)
posted on December 26, 2012 at 11:00:48 am
Macon Telegraph (blog)Top stories in Middle Georgia from January-MarchMacon Telegraph (blog)5: A plan to merge two Middle Georgia College and Macon State College was ...
- Middle Georgia College to fly, test drones - Macon Telegraph (blog)
posted on December 6, 2012 at 09:00:34 pm
Government TechnologyMiddle Georgia College to fly, test dronesMacon Telegraph (blog)A local college has received the green light to begin flying and testing unmanned aerial vehicles, more commonly called drones. The ...
- Middle Georgia State College Logo Chosen - 13WMAZ
posted on December 5, 2012 at 06:02:30 pm
Middle Georgia State College Logo Chosen13WMAZAs Macon State College and Middle Georgia College prepare to consolidate, students have chosen a logo for the mascot of the new college, The Knights. MSC and MGC are on schedule ...
3917 students | 21.7 mi. away
1110 students | 22.7 mi. away
1851 students | 24.5 mi. away