- Gordon College serves 5,009 students (73% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 33:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 50% of the student body.
- Gordon College is the only community colleges within Lamar County, GA.
- The nearest community college is Southern Crescent Technical College (16.5 miles away).
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|153 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||5,009 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:33||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||3,654 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,355 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||2%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Located in the small, rural town of Barnesville, in middle Georgia, Gordon College is a two-year, residential college offering its students more than 60 programs of study. Founded in 1852, Gordon College joined the University System of Georgia in 1972 as an associate level institution with a distinctive legacy of excellence in scholarship and service. With an enrollment of more than 3,400 students and a student-to-teacher ratio of less than 25:1, Gordon offers an intimate academic setting where its students can receive the individualized attention that only a small college can provide.
- The College offers 70 associate of arts, associate of science, associate of science in nursing and associate of applied science degrees. A cooperative bachelor of science in nursing is offered with the Medical College of Georgia.
- Gordon College enrolls aprox. 3,400 students, about 600 of whom live in residence halls. Extracurricular activities include music and theatre productions, student art shows, movies, dances, clubs and intramural sports. Gordon competes in men's intercollegiate baseball, women's fast-pitch softball, men's and women's soccer, and men's and women's tennis.
- Gordon College distinguishes itself by offering strong programs in general education, the fine arts, and health care education. Gordon is divided among four academic divisions -- (1) the Division of Business and Social Science, (2) the Division of Humanities, (3) the Division of Mathematics and Natural Sciences, and (4) the Division of Nursing and Health Sciences.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
KC ATL TV
2 years ago