- Darton College serves 6,000 students (50% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 31:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 46% of the student body.
- Darton College is one of 2 community colleges within Dougherty County, GA.
- The nearest community college is Albany Technical College (2.9 miles away).
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|194 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||6,000 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:31||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||3,010 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,990 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Darton College in Albany, Georgia, is a two-year college of the University System of Georgia offering Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, and Associate of Applied Science degrees, and one-year certificate programs. The modern classrooms and labs, as well as the beautifully landscaped 180-acre campus, offer students a perfect college setting. The arts - music, theater, photography, and literature are alive and well at Darton. Intercollegiate athletic programs are offered in men's and women's soccer and swimming: women's basketball and softball; and men's baseball and golf. Intramural activities and clubs for almost every interest are also available. Darton College's faculty and staff take pride in Darton's record of academic excellence and the philosophy of a student-centered education.
- The college offers 73 two-year transfer and career associate degrees. In addition, Darton offers distance learning courses through local Channel 19 telecasts, web-based instruction, GSAMS video-conferencing, and at selected regional sites off the main campus. Darton College has a strong presence in state distance learning initiatives, and its core curriculum courses in many programs of study are available through distance learning options.
- Darton College currently offers 16 complete degrees. We are a leader in providing distance learning options to advance your career. Our fully accredited online degree programs are designed for your success. Our online Associate of Science degrees are delivered on the Internet with WebCT. You'll attend class online, with convenience and flexibility that works around your hectic work and family schedule. Darton College provides online learners with free technical support, advising, and student services. Get started on your degree today and get on the path to better opportunities.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
Macon State College vs Darton College basketball game
10 months ago
Darton College Campus Tour: Student Housing Video
11 months ago
Related School News:
- On the Job with Lara Gill - The Albany Herald
posted on December 23, 2012 at 12:54:43 am
On the Job with Lara GillThe Albany HeraldA. This is me projecting things I'm certainly no expert on, but I think that Darton College will become ...
- State colleges will have to earn funding - WALB-TV
posted on December 17, 2012 at 09:17:05 pm
State colleges will have to earn fundingWALB-TV"This proposal will help all the colleges in Georgia make sure that student success is paramount, ...
- Hundreds graduate from Darton College - WALB-TV
posted on December 12, 2012 at 04:04:54 am
Hundreds graduate from Darton CollegeWALB-TVAnd Tuesday night, nearly 400 Darton College students officially became graduates. And for those currently enrolled in school, the graduation ceremony provided ...