- Polk State College serves 10,589 students (35% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 33:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body.
- Polk State College is one of 2 community colleges within Polk County, FL.
- The nearest community college is Everest University-Lakeland (14.3 miles away).
Polk State College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|324 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||10,589 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:33||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||3,739 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||6,850 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Polk Community College is located in Polk County, Florida. It began classes in 1964. The main campus is located in Winter Haven. In 1988, a second campus was opened in Lakeland. Total enrollment is about 9,000 credit students and 11,000 non-credit students, served by a staff of about 100 full-time faculty members
- In 1968, PCC opened its Winter Haven campus on a 100-acre site on the shores of Lake Elbert. The original campus consisted of four permanent buildings: Learning Resources (WLR), Science (WSC) Multi-Services (WMS), a shower/locker room and six portables. In 1969, a snack bar was opened. It eventually was expanded into the Student Center (WST). Over the years, a Health Center/Gym (WHC), Administration (WAD) and Fine Arts (WFA) buildings have been added. In 1999, the eighth building on the Winter Haven campus opened. It is a 6,000 square foot Rehabilitative Health building, which houses the Physical Therapist Assistant and Occupational Therapy Assistant programs.
- PCC's Corporate College is also the ideal setting for working professionals to stay up-to-date in their fields. Another option is our Collegiate High School, which offers qualified high school students the opportunity to earn a high school diploma and college degree concurrently. PCC also offers college preparatory courses and comprehensive academic support services and resources, as well as a newly established Honors Program.
- Polk Community College's Associate in Arts (AA) programs are parallel and equal to those offered in the state university system. Approximately 65% of PCC's graduates earn AA degrees and are guaranteed admission as juniors to Florida's universities and private colleges. The College also has Associate in Science (AS) degrees and Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degrees leading directly to employment. In addition, several certificate programs and continuing education classes are offered by PCC.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
Polk State College, Sweeney Todd Medley
1 month ago
Polk State College - College All Girl Division 2
1 year ago.
Polk State College OTA Promotional Video mp4
2 years ago
Related School News:
- Student News - News Chief
posted on December 23, 2012 at 02:05:55 pm
Student NewsNews ChiefMegan Leigh Dejonge was named to the president's list at Polk State College. Students earn this award when they ...
- Polk State Wins Again - The Ledger (blog)
posted on December 18, 2012 at 03:30:47 am
Polk State Wins AgainThe Ledger (blog)BRADENTON | The Polk State College men's basketball team (10-5) concluded the State College of Florida ...
- JUCO basketball | State College of Florida rolls into SCF Classic final - Bradenton Herald
posted on December 17, 2012 at 05:06:11 am
Bradenton HeraldJUCO basketball | State College of Florida rolls into SCF Classic finalBradenton HeraldASA College out of New York fell 86-85 in overtime to Polk State College on ...