- Pensacola State College serves 11,676 students (39% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 34:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body.
- Pensacola State College is one of 2 community colleges within Escambia County, FL.
- The nearest community college is Virginia College-Pensacola (4.7 miles away).
Pensacola State College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|341 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||11,676 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:34||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||4,600 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||7,076 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- As a learning-centered community college, Pensacola Junior College will continue the tradition of offering an affordable, quality education taught by first-rate faculty. More than 1,300 professional faculty and staff members blend their talents, teaching, and experience to fulfill dreams and create careers for PJC students.
- Pensacola Junior College is the name for an umbrella of multiple community colleges in Escambia County and Santa Rosa County, Florida. Pensacola Junior College provides a nurturing learning environment for students of all ages and at many stages of the education process.
- The main campus, located near Pensacola, was opened in 1948 and was the first institute of higher learning in the town (UWF would not open to a full class of undergraduates until 1983). PJC quickly expanded to include a downtown campus in 1957, and a Milton campus in 1971. A mini-campus opened on Naval Air Station Pensacola in 1981. A final branch in Warrington rounded out the five-location junior college system.
- PJC offers more than 150 recreation and leisure courses. Currently the college offers a two-year transitional program in conjunction with the University of West Florida. This is the most popular program among students, many continuing on to a bigger university setting after two years at PJC.
- The eCoast Campus staff understands the importance of services and support for distance learners. We also realize that distance learners may visit a PJC campus only rarely. This page provides links to resources that can help bridge the gap between PJC any off-campus location.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
Pensacola State College Jazz Ensemble
12 days ago
Pensacola State College Massage Program 2013
15 days ago
Harlem Shake Pensacola State College
2 months ago
HOSA @ PENSACOLA STATE COLLEGE
3 months ago
Related School News:
- Beach treasures: Jewelry designers draw inspiration from their native Pensacola - Pensacola News Journal
posted on May 18, 2013 at 06:07:59 am
Beach treasures: Jewelry designers draw inspiration from their native PensacolaPensacola News JournalA native of Pensacola, Susan attended Pensacola Junior College (now ...
- Florida college presidents given big perks - Pensacola News Journal
posted on May 14, 2013 at 06:07:58 am
Florida college presidents given big perksPensacola News JournalPensacola State College. The report also highlights 11 colleges, including Pensacola State College, where ...
- Pensacola to host college softball tournament - Navarre Press
posted on May 1, 2013 at 03:09:10 pm
Pensacola to host college softball tournamentNavarre PressPensacola State College's softball team will compete in the tournament for the first time since ...