- Florida State College at Jacksonville serves 28,642 students (36% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 50:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body.
- Florida State College at Jacksonville is one of 8 community colleges within Duval County, FL.
- The nearest community college is Southern Career College (6.0 miles away).
Florida State College at Jacksonville
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|569 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||28,642 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:50||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||10,206 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||18,436 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- The mission of Florida Community College is represented by three waves. One wave represents the Liberal Arts Transfer function — students planning to finish a four-year degree after completing freshman and sophomore years at Florida Community College. A second wave stands for Workforce Preparation and Advancement, helping students learn specific skills for specific jobs in our community. The third wave is Community Service, a wide range of classes and services that help our community grow and meet its cultural needs. As these three waves are pulled together by our solid base of dedicated professionals, they form a tetrahedron, one of nature's strongest shapes. The dynamic of the three waves touching each other at the peak of the pyramid allows for easy transfer of energy from one wave to the next, one mission path to the next. Throughout the lifetime of each resident of Northeast Florida, all three waves may come into play, helping to begin a career, advancing a career by teaching new skills or teaching a skill that enhances leisure time or retirement.
- Florida Community College campuses or centers are located throughout Duval and Nassau counties, offering courses during the day, evening and weekends. Every campus offers adult studies programs (adult high school, GED and adult basic education) as well as the courses required to earn an associate in arts degree for university transfer. But beyond that, each campus has its own specialties, nuances and attributes that make each a little different than the others. Students may choose to attend one or more campuses/centers of their choice, but keep in mind that the core courses for many associate in science and certificate programs are available only at specific locations.
- Downtown Campus is just a few blocks from The Jacksonville Landing, the heart of urban Jacksonville. The campus, which opened in 1977, is located at 101 W. State St. between Main and Jefferson streets.
- At Downtown Campus, special emphasis is placed on college credit, continuing education and occupational skills training programs. The campus includes classrooms and laboratories for instruction in such programs as building trades, engineering technology, automotive technology, electrical and metal trades, and English as a second language.
- Downtown Campus reaches out to many different segments of the community through programs for widowed persons, senior adults, displaced homemakers and visually impaired adults. Major adult basic education, adult high school and GED offerings are available too. The Business and Industry Outreach program offers customized training programs on campus and in-house to local employers.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, National Junior College Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
Related School News:
- Arrivals and Departures for May 31, 2013 - The Florida Current
posted on June 1, 2013 at 03:44:56 am
Arrivals and Departures for May 31, 2013The Florida CurrentTom Majdanics, Jimmie Mayo, and Patricia White have been appointed to the Florida State College at ...
- Three trustees appointed to FSCJ board - Florida Times-Union
posted on May 31, 2013 at 10:26:31 pm
Three trustees appointed to FSCJ boardFlorida Times-UnionRick Scott announced three appointments Friday to the board of trustees at the Florida State ...
- FSCJ wants to cut 76 jobs to save $4.7 million - Business Journal (blog)
posted on May 30, 2013 at 02:07:08 pm
FSCJ wants to cut 76 jobs to save $4.7 millionBusiness Journal (blog)In an effort to help balance the budget, Florida State College at Jacksonville is looking to eliminate ...
220 students | 6.0 mi. away
1221 students | 9.1 mi. away
1272 students | 10.4 mi. away
532 students | 10.6 mi. away
996 students | 12.5 mi. away