- Northwestern Connecticut Community College serves 1,832 students (30% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 37:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 13% of the student body.
- Northwestern Connecticut Community College is the only community colleges within Litchfield County, CT.
- The nearest community college is Sanford-Brown College-Farmington (18.8 miles away).
Northwestern Connecticut Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|50 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,832 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:37||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||548 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,284 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||2%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Founded in 1965 by Winsted residents, Northwestern is one of the first three community colleges in Connecticut. Northwestern offers degree programs, certificate programs and continuing education.
- We offer a diverse array of credit and non-credit programs ranging from associate degree and certificate programs, to holistic and enrichment classes, as well as cultural activities for the community. Classes are taught and services provided in beautifully renovated, historic buildings along a New England town green.
- The Center for Student Development includes the Career Resource Library, CHOICES Career Computer, labor market information from the Connecticut Department of Labor, a computer linked to the Internet, brochures and pamphlets on local social services and drug and alcohol issues, and catalogs of area four-year colleges and universities.
- Northwestern Connecticut Community college is accredited by the Connecticut Board of Governors for Higher Education and by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc., a non-governmental, nationally recognized organization whose affiliated institutions include elementary schools through colleges offering post-graduate instruction.
Related School Videos:
Deaf Studies Program.avi
1 year ago.
2 years ago
Related School News:
- Ron Crowcroft: An Artistic Renaissance Man - Litchfield County Times
posted on January 3, 2013 at 11:33:02 pm
Ron Crowcroft: An Artistic Renaissance ManLitchfield County Times... exhibitions across Connecticut?at the Gunn Memorial Library in Washington, The Gallery at ...
- Business Notes - Litchfield County Times
posted on December 20, 2012 at 05:47:37 pm
Business NotesLitchfield County TimesDuring the spring 2013 semester, Northwestern Connecticut Community College will offer Women in Management ...
- Northwestern Connecticut Community College 2011 Commencement
posted on May 24, 2011 at 05:14:48 am
WINSTED — Northwestern Connecticut Community College’s Commencement will be held on Thursday, May 26, in the East End Park ...
152 students | 18.8 mi. away
957 students | 21.3 mi. away
4518 students | 22.6 mi. away