- Southwestern College (Chula Vista) serves 21,597 students (37% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 45:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 87% of the student body.
- Southwestern College (Chula Vista) is one of 22 community colleges within San Diego County, CA.
- The nearest community college is Cuyamaca College (7.8 miles away).
Southwestern College (Chula Vista)
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|479 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||21,597 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:45||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||7,904 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||13,693 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||1%||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Established in 1961, Southwestern College is one of 109 public community colleges in the state of California and the only institute of higher education located in the southern portion of San Diego County. Its location—nestled between the City of San Diego and the U.S.-Mexico international border on a 156-acre plot—positions it to play an important role in the intellectual growth of the more than 400,000 residents that call South County home.
- Serving approximately 19,000 students annually, Southwestern College offers more than 285 associate degree and certificate options. A host of noncredit courses designed to enhance personal and professional development are also offered through the College's Continuing Education department.
- Southwestern College has continuously received accreditation by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. Whether pursuing an A.A. degree, preparing to transfer to a four-year college or university, or acquiring new occupational skills, students attending Southwestern College are given every opportunity to meet their educational goals.
- In addition to its centers, Southwestern College also provides off-campus classes at several extension sites throughout the district and operates an Aquatic Center in Coronado in conjunction with the California Department of Boating and Waterways. Current enrollment—at all locations—exceeds 19,000 students. More than a half-million students have attended Southwestern College since opening its doors 40 years ago.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, Other National Athletic Association, NCAA/NAIA Football, NCAA/NAIA Basketball, NCAA/NAIA Baseball, NCAA/NAIA Cross country/track
9924 students | 7.8 mi. away
443 students | 11.9 mi. away
20021 students | 12.1 mi. away
1179 students | 14.8 mi. away
111 students | 15.6 mi. away