- College of the Redwoods serves 6,903 students (37% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 38:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 26% of the student body.
- College of the Redwoods is the only community colleges within Humboldt County, CA.
College of the Redwoods
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|183 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||6,903 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:38||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||2,544 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||4,359 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||8%||1%|
|% Two or more races||2%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- The main campus for the College of the Redwoods is located just south of the city of Eureka. Classes began in the permanent site in September, 1967. At this location, more than 1,000 classes are offered per semester, serving approximately 5,000 full and part-time students.
- In addition to the main campus, College of the Redwoods has a strong commitment to serve the residents of the district by providing campuses in Crescent City and Fort Bragg and Branch campus locations in the Klamath-Trinity and Southern Humboldt areas.
- Designated lower-division, baccalaureate-level courses at the College of the Redwoods are approved for transfer to all branches of the University of California (UC) and to all of the California State Universities (CSU). College of the Redwoods is approved for the education of veterans under the provisions of public law. The College is an institutional member of the American Association of Community Colleges and the Community League of California. The Western Association of Schools and Colleges has granted full accreditation to the College of the Redwoods since its inception. It is certified for participation in all federally sponsored educational programs.
Related School Videos:
CSA - College of the Redwoods - January 2012
11 months ago
Quinton Edwards RB #20 College of The Redwoods
1 year ago.
Related School News:
- SWOCC squads lose at home - Coos Bay World
posted on December 31, 2012 at 07:17:41 pm
SWOCC squads lose at homeCoos Bay WorldThe men's and women's basketball teams at Southwestern Oregon Community College fell in their final ...
- From veteran to freshman: What Congressman-elect Jared Huffman means for ... - Times-Standard
posted on December 31, 2012 at 10:44:21 am
From veteran to freshman: What Congressman-elect Jared Huffman means for ...Times-StandardThat said, Huffman will no longer be able to affect things like funding for ...
- 2012: Mendocino County year in review, Part 2 - Ukiah Daily Journal
posted on December 28, 2012 at 08:09:57 am
2012: Mendocino County year in review, Part 2Ukiah Daily JournalAfter nine years as president of Mendocino College, Kathy Lehner leaves to take a position at ...