- College of Marin serves 7,635 students (21% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 44:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 35% of the student body.
- College of Marin is the only community colleges within Marin County, CA.
- The nearest community college is Contra Costa College (11.4 miles away).
College of Marin
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|173 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||7,635 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:44||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||1,614 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||6,021 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||4%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- College of Marin has been providing exceptional educational opportunities since 1926. The College has earned a reputation as a quality educational institution that provides a pathway for achievement and success for students of all ages. Each semester about 8,000 students are enrolled in over 1,100 credit classes. Approximately 100 international students participate in College of Marin's International Student Program, making for a culturally diverse educational experience. Nearly 6,000 students take advantage of the College's many outstanding community education and community services classes.
- In order to provide students with the opportunities they need, and to ensure that students achieve their specific goals and objectives, the College offers seventy Associate of Arts and Associate of Science degree programs. To facilitate students' transfer to the four-year institution of their choice, the College has established approximately 200 transfer agreements with the University of California, California State University, and private colleges.
- In addition the College provides thirty-five two-year vocational and career programs, as well as providing basic skills, English as a Second Language (ESL) education, and community education classes. The College's workforce preparation programs provide the necessary skills for success in a globally competitive workforce environment. Whether the goal is career advancement, career change, or entering the workforce for the first time, the College offers a range of programs to help students succeed.
- Originally known as Marin Junior College when established in 1926, the College was renamed College of Marin in 1947. In 1985 College of Marin merged with Indian Valley College. This merger provided Marin residents with two campuses, the original campus located in Kentfield and the Indian Valley Campus in Novato. The two campuses serve a county population of approximately 250,000 residents.
- College of Marin is fully accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
- Sports Associations Memberships: National Athletic Association, Other National Athletic Association
Related School Videos:
2013 College of Marin Baseball
0 months ago
College of Marin Softball Shortstop Nia Ceasar
3 months ago
Related School News:
- Mars Curiosity engineer Steltzner, a College of Marin alumnus, helps college ... - Marin Independent Journal
posted on May 11, 2013 at 12:47:24 am
Mars Curiosity engineer Steltzner, a College of Marin alumnus, helps college ...Marin Independent JournalNASA Mars Rover mechanical engineer Adam Steltzner, standing in front of an image of ...
- College of Marin faculty art exhibition - Marinscope Community Newspapers
posted on May 8, 2013 at 09:00:23 pm
College of Marin faculty art exhibitionMarinscope Community NewspapersFaculty members of the College of Marin Fine Arts department will hold an ongoing ...
- Breakdown in ninth costs College of Marin baseball team in dropping state ... - Marin Independent Journal
posted on May 5, 2013 at 02:37:45 am
Breakdown in ninth costs College of Marin baseball team in dropping state ...Marin Independent JournalAnthony Firenzi of College of Marin is out at first base as the throw to Solano first baseman Alex Crosby is just in time during game 2 of the California ...
7651 students | 11.4 mi. away
1541 students | 14.1 mi. away
832 students | 15.4 mi. away
33902 students | 16.6 mi. away
6503 students | 19.1 mi. away