- Golf Academy of America in Myrtle Beach serves 330 students (100% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 31:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body.
- Golf Academy of America in Myrtle Beach is one of 2 community colleges within Horry County, SC.
- The nearest community college is Horry-Georgetown Technical College (12.3 miles away).
Golf Academy of America in Myrtle Beach
Community College Avg.
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate/Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|17 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||330 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:31||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||330 students||1,262 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
Established over 30 years ago, and with more than 5,000 graduates, Golf Academy of America has grown to five campuses throughout the United States: California, Arizona, Florida, South Carolina, and Texas. Students at Golf Academy of America in Myrtle Beach get weekly opportunities to play some of the region's best courses, including Grand Dunes Resort Club, Pine Lakes Country Club, Preswick County Club, Wild Wing Plantation, The Witch, and many more. Myrtle Beach is the host for a number of mini-tour and amateur events, including the DuPont World Amateur Tournament, which is the largest amateur golf tournament in the world.