- York County Community College serves 1,650 students (37% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 32:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 6% of the student body.
- York County Community College is the only community colleges within York County, ME.
- The nearest community college is Great Bay Community College (19.4 miles away).
York County Community College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|51 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,650 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:32||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||605 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,045 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||1%||1%|
|% Two or more races||1%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- York County Technical College (YCTC) was created when the 116th State Legislature appropriated operational dollars to fund ďAn Act to Establish York County Technical CollegeĒ in spring 1994. YCTC became the seventh technical college of the statewide Maine Technical College System (MCTS), which operates under the governance of its own board of trustees. On July 1, 2003 York County Technical College along with the rest of the Maine Technical College System became a comprehensive Community College, known thereafter as York County Community College (YCCC).
- York County Community College is located at 112 College Drive in Wells, Maine. The two-story 77,000 square foot building sits on 84 wooded acres of land. The campus is accessible from Route 1, Route 109 and the Maine Turnpike, Exit 19. College Drive is located off of Chapel Road.
- York County Community College offers numerous programs of study. They include Associate in Applied Science (AAS), Associate in Science (AS), and Associate in Arts (AA) degrees and a wide variety of certificates. All programs of study include courses in the technical areas and General Education. The Associate in Arts and Associate in Science degrees are designed to permit the student to transfer to four-year colleges and universities.
- York County Community College is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, a non-governmental, nationally recognized organization whose affiliated institutions include elementary schools through collegiate institutions offering post-graduate instruction.
Related School Videos:
Related School News:
- Green Apple awards honor community leaders - Seacoastonline.com
posted on May 25, 2013 at 06:21:17 am
Green Apple awards honor community leadersSeacoastonline.comThe annual meeting was held at York County Community College in Wells. Choose To Be Healthy ...
- Hall named interim president at York County Community College - Seacoastonline.com
posted on May 22, 2013 at 05:15:19 pm
Hall named interim president at York County Community CollegeSeacoastonline.comWELLS ‚ÄĒ Dr. Christopher Hall, who served as president of the American University in ...
- Fighter jet program a boon for York County - Biddeford Journal Tribune
posted on May 20, 2013 at 04:16:19 pm
Fighter jet program a boon for York CountyBiddeford Journal Tribune... trained in mathematics, physics, engineering technology, manufacturing processes and methods, and ...