- Los Angeles Valley College serves 20,056 students (25% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 58:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 66% of the student body.
- Los Angeles Valley College is one of 60 community colleges within Los Angeles County, CA.
- The nearest community college is American Academy of Dramatic Arts-Los Angeles (7.1 miles away).
Los Angeles Valley College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|348 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||20,056 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:58||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||4,941 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||15,115 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||1%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Los Angeles Valley College is the center of influence for education, personal development, lifelong learning, cultural activities, and career training in the San Fernando Valley.
- Los Angeles Valley College was created and developed to meet the tremendous growth of the San Fernando Valley during the 40's and early 50's. The college was officially chartered by the Los Angeles Board of Education in June of 1949. Valley opened its doors on September 12, 1949 and was located on the campus of Van Nuys High School.
- LAVC celebrated its 50th birthday in 1999 with a variety of events. In 2001, Valley College was granted a full 6-year renewal of its accreditation and given high praise for its educational programs. Valley College continues to be a focal point of the San Fernando Valley. The college's current enrollment exceeds 17,000 students with a faculty of over 200 full time and 275 part time instructors. Valley continues to offer a number of recreational and cultural opportunities to the community.
- L.A. Valley College offers classes in more than 75 academic disciplines, as well as certificates in 60 vocational fields, to help students reach their educational goals. Whether they wish to transfer to a 4-year university or learn the skills necessary to succeed in the workplace, students can enroll in the programs and courses they need at LAVC.
Related School Videos:
Los Angeles Valley College - Job Training
4 years ago
Karen Muralles- Los Angeles Valley College 2012
8 months ago
Related School News:
- Celebrities and independent authors a hit at LA Times Festival of Books - Examiner.com
posted on April 22, 2013 at 04:24:48 am
Examiner.comCelebrities and independent authors a hit at LA Times Festival of BooksExaminer.comThese include The Greater Los Angeles Writers Conference June 14 to 16 at Los Angeles ...
- Martinez sparks BC past LA Valley - Bakersfield Californian
posted on April 3, 2013 at 04:32:29 am
Martinez sparks BC past LA ValleyBakersfield CalifornianBakersfield College finds itself inching closer to first place in the Western State Conference South ...
- LBCC Softball Edges LA Valley In Opener - Gazette Newspapers
posted on January 31, 2013 at 09:21:37 am
LBCC Softball Edges LA Valley In OpenerGazette NewspapersThe Long beach City College softball team opened up the 2013 season on a winning note thanks to ...
188 students | 7.1 mi. away
22716 students | 17.8 mi. away
28551 students | 18.3 mi. away
7628 students | 24.1 mi. away