- Heald College-Salinas serves 1,481 students (66% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 39:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body.
- Heald College-Salinas is one of 4 community colleges within Monterey County, CA.
- The nearest community college is Hartnell College (2.2 miles away).
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Public|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|38 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,481 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:39||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||978 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||503 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||-||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Heald College is the nation's oldest business career college in the western United States. As the needs of the workplace changed, the Heald College curriculum evolved from business courses to include degrees in technology and healthcare. Heald College campuses are now located in 11 cities, including Portland and Honolulu and throughout Northern and Central California. Heald offers Associate in Applied Science degrees, Associate of Arts degrees, diplomas, or certificates in 34 fields.
- Founded in 1990, Heald's Salinas campus is characterized by its unique Spanish architecture and beautifully landscaped grounds. Since its establishment, Heald Salinas has evolved into a leading career college that offers a range of programs in business and healthcare. As the greater Salinas area emerges as a great market for new jobs, we continue educating students to become uniquely qualified for rewarding careers with top local employers.
- The campus covers 36,000-square-foot facility, conveniently located off of North Main, between the mall and downtown. Programs offered includes Accounting, Agribusiness, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Office Skills, Medical Assisting and Medical Office Administration.
- All Heald campuses are regionally accredited through the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC) of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
9407 students | 2.2 mi. away
9500 students | 14.9 mi. away
0 students | 15.7 mi. away
6794 students | 18.7 mi. away
14206 students | 24.7 mi. away