- Long Beach City College serves 25,617 students (33% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 49:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 74% of the student body.
- Long Beach City College is one of 60 community colleges within Los Angeles County, CA.
- The nearest community college is Brooks College (Long Beach) (3.2 miles away).
Long Beach City College
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|521 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||25,617 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:49||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||8,446 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||17,171 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||1%||1%|
|% Two or more races||1%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- Long Beach City College provides excellence in education in a student centered environment. You will find dedicated faculty who are excited and inspired, a staff who is ready to assist you and a student body with a diversity of interests and backgrounds. Long Beach City College stands ready to serve your needs with current curriculum, whether you are preparing for employment, planning to transfer to a university, engaged in professional development or personal improvement or training as a part of local business and industry. Your community college is flexible enough to meet your needs regardless of your goals.
- Long Beach City College offers tours to community groups and prospective students. Our campus tours are conducted by students who study, work, and volunteer time at LBCC. As you consider what college to attend, you can gain valuable insight to the history and traditions of our college, by allowing our President's Ambassadors to give you a guided tour.
- Long Beach City College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Commission on Recognition of Postsecondary Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education.
Related School Videos:
Related School News:
- Grim Year Ends With Glimmer Of Hope For Schools - Gazette Newspapers
posted on December 27, 2012 at 10:37:40 pm
Grim Year Ends With Glimmer Of Hope For SchoolsGazette NewspapersLong Beach City College. It was a hard year financially for Long Beach City College, where the ...
- Bungalow Showcases Talent of LBCC Art Department in Winter Student Show - Long Beach Post
posted on December 27, 2012 at 07:15:14 pm
Long Beach PostBungalow Showcases Talent of LBCC Art Department in Winter Student ShowLong Beach PostIt requires more than one visit to appreciate the array of works exhibited for ...
- COLLEGE BASKETBALL: Long Beach City women rise to occasion - Long Beach Press-Telegram
posted on December 20, 2012 at 08:01:17 am
COLLEGE BASKETBALL: Long Beach City women rise to occasionLong Beach Press-TelegramLONG BEACH - The Long Beach City College women's basketball team was supposed to be ...
28 students | 3.2 mi. away
21610 students | 4.4 mi. away
8985 students | 14.3 mi. away
188 students | 21.7 mi. away