- Carrington College California-San Leandro serves 893 students (100% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 34:1 is higher than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 83% of the student body.
- Carrington College California-San Leandro is one of 13 community colleges within Alameda County, CA.
- The nearest community college is Chabot College (5.8 miles away).
Carrington College California-San Leandro
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Public|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|26 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||893 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:34||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||893 students||1,262 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||1%||1%|
|% Two or more races||3%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
- Established in 1967, Western Career College has helped thousands of students with busy lives achieve their career goals and obtain a higher level of success through education. Western Career College is a subsidiary of U.S. Education Corporation, one of the nation's leading providers of career training.
- Western Career College has 8 convenient campus locations in Northern California. WCC campus are located at Antioch, Citrus, Heights, Pleasant Hill, Sacramento, Stockton, Emeryville, San Leandro and San Jose. Western Career College is a leading provider of career training in the areas of health care, graphics design and criminal justice.
- Programs offered at San Leandro campus includes Medical (Medical Assisting, Health Information Technology, Medical Billing, Vocational Nursing and Massage Therapy), Dental Assisting, Pharmacy Technology and Veterinary Technology.
- Western Career College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Secretary of Education.
14143 students | 5.8 mi. away
6503 students | 8.5 mi. away
832 students | 14.4 mi. away
33902 students | 16.7 mi. away
7248 students | 19.7 mi. away