- West Virginia Junior College (Charleston) serves 243 students (93% of students are full-time).
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 20:1 is lower than the college average of 21:1.
- Minority enrollment is 22% of the student body.
- West Virginia Junior College (Charleston) is one of 4 community colleges within Kanawha County, WV.
- The nearest community college is Carver Career Center (5.7 miles away).
West Virginia Junior College (Charleston)
Community College Avg.
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Public|
|Instructional Staff Total
(research/public service staff included)
|12 staff||63 staff|
|Total Enrollment||243 students||1,418 students|
|Student / Staff Ratio||1:20||1:21|
|# Full-Time Students||226 students||1,262 students|
|# Part-Time Students||17 students||1,508 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||1%|
|% Two or more races||1%||2%|
|Finances and Admission|
|In-State Tuition Fees
|Out-State Tuition Fees
- The overall goal of the West Virginia Junior College is to provide specialized programs in career fields that assist our graduates in developing the tools, attitudes, and communication skills that will enhance employment opportunities.
- The college offers programs in Internet Technology, Information Technology, Medical Assistant, Legal Office Assistant, Business Management, Computer Technology, Management and Accounting, Medical Administration and Office Administration.
- For more than 50 years, West Virginia Junior College has been training students for careers in business and management. And for just as long, West Virginia Junior College has been building relationships with area employers to assist students in finding fulfilling careers.
- WVJC's business oriented programs prepare graduates with the business, computer, and personal skills needed for a variety of entry level positions in business, industry and other organizational settings. Examples may include: Computer Operations, Accounting, and various business and computer related positions. Graduates of WVJC's Information Technology program have more advanced computer skills and qualify for more technology oriented positions.
- West Virginia Junior College is fully accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools in Washington, D.C. and is licensed to offer diplomas and associate degrees in the State of West Virginia.
255 students | 5.7 mi. away
2005 students | 7.5 mi. away
526 students | 9.8 mi. away
885 students | 20.2 mi. away